Will I get into Texas A&M?

so i am a junior in highschool and i was wondering if yall think i could get into texas a&m ??

i took one ap class last year and i scored a 3. This year i am taking two more ap classes and two college classes. my gpa is a 4.7 weighted and im not sure what it is unweighted. i am on the varisty debate team and the writers club and the best buddies club (where you pair a student with a special needs student). i have never gotten a c, but im not sure with my classes this year because they are all pretty hard. i usually get a’s and i have only ever gotten 3 b’s in my highschool carreer. i am in the science national honor society and I also was in njhs and i am pretty sure i will get into nhs.

i am very anxious about colleges and the admissions process to get it. do you think i will get in?

The two biggest things that A&M looks at are test scores and class rank. Your gpa is good but it really depends on your rank. If you are in the top 10% you will get automatically admitted. If you are in the top 25% and have an sat of, I think, 1360 or act of 30 you will also be automatically admitted. If you don’t fall into these two categories your chances of full admission becomes more difficult but since your grades are good and you have good extra curricular you proabaly still have a pretty good chance. Have you taken the sat or act yet? Do you know your rank?

im in the top 25 percent i think. my school hasnt released that yet so im not sure but my class is VERYYYYYYY competitive so im still not sure.

i havent taken the sat yet but i am taking a lot of classes to help me with so i think i will do well

Sounds like you should be sitting nicely then.

Didn’t you already post this question on another thread?

yes but i added more information this time like my gpa and my rank because i got that today

You need to get your SAT score up. Look at the school’s website and common data set.

well that was my psat score which i took two years ago and the psat score is about 80 points lower than the sat so without studying my sat score would be somewhere around 1190. and now i am taking more sat prep classes (one through my school and one through princeton) so i think that my score will go up some but do you think it would be enough ?

You need to score a 1360 with sub scores of 620 math and 660 ERBW to be assured of admission as an academic admit. A&M will not consider your GPA at all, except to assign you a rank if your school does not rank.

If you do not make academic admit, then your chances of being offered admissions is greatly reduced. Getting into A&M is very, very competitive. Just over half of the enrolled freshman class for fall 2017 was top 10%. For fall 2017, 11,205 freshmen were enrolled of which 5,639 were top 10% admits. https://dars.tamu.edu/Student/files/Apply-Admit-Enroll-Sum-All-Fa17-incl-Galveston.aspx That doesn’t include the academic admits that enrolled (4300 applied and offered admissions).

Here is a breakdown of fall 2017 admissions http://web-as.tamu.edu/ecardimages/2017/CounselorConnection/updateSPRING.html

i am a junior and i was wondering if i could get into texas a&m…

my gpa is 4.6448 weighted and 3.45 unweighted.
I am in the top 20% of my class
I am in speech and debate and i am on the varsity
I am in the writers club and i am vice president
I take dual credit and ap classes
i am i hosa
i am joining the best buddies club, which is a club to help with special needs students.
I volunteer a lot at my church
I am in science national honor society
I have not taken the sat or act yet but for my psat (WHICH I DIDNT PREP FOR) i got a 1110. I am reviewing a lot now and i am studying for it as much as I can so I expect for the score to go up quite a bit.

what do you think my chances to get in are??? i am very anxious about whether or not i will get it and i just want to have a general idea in case i need to change my plans