Will I Get into Texas A&M?

I was hoping for a 1520 SAT and top 15% this year but I’m only 1410 SAT and top 25% with 7 AP Classes so far and four AP classes next year, I have pretty good extracurriculars and I’m majoring in public health. I had an unweighted 3.7 gpa according to my school and a 4.6 weighted. I had a C in my second semester of AP Physics and a C+ in my first semester of Advanced chemistry. I’ve only passed two AP tests.

@yourmother27 can you clarify “only passed 2 AP tests?” Like you scored below 3 on 5 tests?

1 Like

Well I didn’t get back my junior year AP results yet but my prediction for that is that I only passed two tests from that and in freshman/sophomore year I did not pass any AP tests. Does this mean I won’t get in?

AP test scores are not strongly considered in admissions. And for most colleges and universities, you do not have to submit the scores at all. So don’t submit your AP scores.

And a 1410 is great. It is definitely an acceptable score for Texas A&M. You are not top 10% in your class so you are not an auto admit, but I do not see anything in the information you provided that suggests you would definitely be denied by Texas A&M. Admissions is very uncertain these days, but you have a good chance at admission to Texas A&M.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks!