Will I get rescinded for 1 C and 4 Bs?

So I f***ed up and got 1 C and 4 Bs for first semester senior year. Before this, I had a 3.8 unweighted GPA and a 4.1 weighted GPA. I also got a 1500 Sat and a 790 for math subject test II. I was wondering if I might get rescinded from UC colleges even when I got 2 Cs during junior year.

I got 2 Cs in Bio during junior year, the last part might be confusing

All UC’s except UCLA/UCB require a weighted GPA of 3.0 with no D’s or F’s Senior year. UCLA/UCB require a 3.0 unweighted GPA with no more than 2 C’s, no D’s or F’s Senior year to maintain your provisional admission.

You should be fine, even for UCB and UCLA. Unless you had no AP classes, then it could be an issue.

When they make their decision, they are most closely concerned about your grades from Soph and Jr year. Though they don’t have an official transcript, you enter the grades you earned as part of the ap. They wouldn’t rescind (or take away already granted) admission for Jr yr grades they know about when they accepted you.

When you are accepted, you’ll find out what the threshold GPA is to keep your spot. It varies a bit by campus - I know some UCs allow no Cs Sr year, while others mandate Cs or better in all classes and a 3.0GPA. A C and If none of your courses are weighted, that would put you below both thresholds.

That said, it is mathematically tough to get to a 4.1 UC GPA if you’ve got 2 Cs Jr year.

I’d suggest you take a look at your target school’s website and/or give them a call to see where you stand while you have time to take corrective action.

good luck.

I just reread my answer in #3 and it was mixed up and misleading. AP does NOT come into play for UCB/UCLA, gotta get a 3.0 unweighted from all classes for each of your 2 senior year semesters for those 2 schools. If you are taking any college classes by any chance, those count towards the 3.0 threshold as well.

Gumbymom’s post for #2 is accurate.

I’m taking like either all IB classes or AP classes, so does this mean that I’m fine?

It’s not a problem except at UCLA and UCB. You’re only taking 5 classes with no A’s?

7 classes with 1 C, 4 Bs, and 2 As

In that case you should be fine, even for UCB and UCLA, you would be over 3.0 unweighted.

The 3.88 is a little light for UCSC - i think it is a coin-toss at best. UCR and UCM are both very likely to admit you. The other’s, probably not. That said, you should apply anyhow - people with your stats are admitted to all of the UCs every year - but, they are the exception, not the rule.

For a Finance degree, I’d encourage you to also apply to SDSU and CSULB - they are both really well respected and are very likely to accept you.

good luck.