Will I get rescinded if I fail a class that's not req'd senior year?

I’m in second semester of pre-calc and after failing my first exam of the semester my teacher has already told me to consider dropping the class (since I already completed 3 yrs of math). I got a C last semester and I have no idea if I could get a C this semester because it’s just gonna keep getting harder and harder.

Ideally I would rather not drop the class, but I don’t know if I should stick through the rest of semester to see if I’ll pass or not. I know either way it will hurt my chances at any UC :stuck_out_tongue:

PS my first choice major for all UCs were not STEM related, but for SJSU and Cal Poly I applied for Software eng (lol).

The UC’s and Cal States can rescind for a D or an F in any a-g course even it is not a required course. Dropping the class is an option but you need to notify all the UC’s and CSU’s before dropping to make sure it will not impact your admission chances.
I would try really hard to continue with the class and strive for a C or higher. Get yourself a tutor or ask your teacher for help.

If you decide to drop the course, you need to do the following for the UC’s:

Freshmen: If you change schools, add or drop a course, or fail to earn a C or better in a course after you submit your application, you must notify the UC Application Center by email or postal mail. Your correspondence must include your name, UC Application ID number and your signature (if you mail a letter), and will be available to all the campuses to which you applied.

If you receive an offer of admission, be sure to confirm with the campus admission office that they are aware of the deficient grade or schedule changes. Although you must notify the campus of these changes, we cannot guarantee that a campus can go back to review an application after correspondence has been received. Make sure to save a copy of your correspondence just in case.

Email: docs@applyUCsupport.net

Postal mail:

UC Application Center
P.O. Box 1432
Bakersfield, CA 93302

For the Cal States, you need to contact admissions for SJSU and Cal Poly.

You should probably drop the class. I know you can get your acceptances taken away from a UC if you have a D. My friend got accepted into UCI his senior year, but then got a D in AP chemistry, and got it taken away. Study up!!