Will I Get Rescinded?

<p>I’m sort of confused about this and I’d love if someone could clarify it for me: If I drop a non A-G course (AVID Tutor), will colleges have any reason to rescind me? I need to drop it in order to make it on time to work.</p>

<p>Pretty unlikely but still worth notifying the schools that you might SIR to get it cleared ahead of time. Just let them know that it is a non-academic course you listed, with a very brief description, and that you dropped it to make time to work. Mention the impact of the economy on your family, as that might even be accepted justification for dropping some serious academic classes.</p>

<p>The UCs are kind to you, as long as you alert them before the final deadline to turn in transcripts, and provide a good personal reason such as family matters forcing you to drop. Make sure to check the reporting policy at each UC, as it is different for each.</p>

<p>There is no need to notify the UCs of dropping any non a-g courses since you were not required to report non a-g courses on the UC application.</p>