Will I get rescined from UC Merced?

<p>OK so I got accepted into UC Merced and I’m really happy because I fell in love with that school however, I did HORRIBLE in my 2nd semester grades. I just checked my final transcript and got mostly B’s and C’s but unfortunately I received 2 D’s in English and AP Computer Science. I am very scared because mostly likely my admission will be revoked. I know i have to contact them and explain why I got these grades, BUT what i really would like to know is if anyone had a similar experience and how the university responded, how to tell them why I received 2 D’s, and what the best course of action at this point. Any advice regarding my situation will be greatly appreciated.</p>

<p>alvin7-
Get your final transcript sent to UCM and brace yourself and your family.
Call UCM Admissions and speak to an admissions officer.
You should prepare yourself for the worse.
Showing 2 D’s, some B’s and C’s shows you did not take your last semester of hs seriously.
Your grades tells the university that you will not be successful at UCM because the distractions will be worse than at home- freedom from parents, not having to attend class, no profs bugging you about grades, time management, harder classes at a fast rate.
A terrible gpa in college will haunt you, you don’t want to start university in the hole.
You should go to the local cc, maintain a 4.0 and transfer to a UC in a few years.
You let senioritis rule your past few months.
You’ll recover from this.
Let us know if you maintained your spot or got rescinded.
Good luck.</p>