Will i get the trustee's scholarship?

<p>Hi all :></p>

<p>I know Purdue has been rather stingy with their merit scholarships recently, but i'd just like to see if you think i have a good chance at getting the trustee's or even presidential scholarship!</p>

<p>National Merit Scholarship Semifinalist (potential finalist)
GPA - 4.1 w, 3.6 uw (4.0 scale)
SAT - 800 math, 680 cr, 680 wr = 2160
ACT - 29 math, 36 english, 31 reading, 31 science = 32 composite
AP - Biology (3), Literature (4), Spanish (4), Calculus, Statistics, Psych, Gov, Studio Art
Rank - 46/649 very competitive (top 7%)
EC - Spanish Club Historian, Spanish Honor Society Tutor, Interact Club Event Chair, Ping Pong Club Founder, Full-time job every summer for 4 years, part-time during school
Awards - AP Scholar, Set a Good Example Award, Art Achievement Award</p>

<p>thank you!! :></p>

<p>Our daughter received a Trustee scholarship, but her GP was 3.98 uw. Her SATs were a bit lower, and her ACT was 31. But, she of course is a woman, engineering major, from an under represented state (OR)…and her Dad is an alum. Your scores are great and I hope you at least get a presidential!</p>

<p>Suebinor,</p>

<p>My D is very interested in Purdue for Engineering. How has your D’s first semester experience been so far? </p>

<p>Did your D decide to live in the women in engineering living community?</p>

<p>Purdue is very high on her list of schools. We come from a state ¶ where engineering schools are very strong.</p>

<p>It all depends on the department budgets as well–not like that three years ago. The Engineering department has one of the larger budgets. My son applied to the School of Science for CS. They have much less money. He is a 4.0 unweighted, 32 ACT–and many family members as alums. Yet, I don’t expect much, if anything in terms of merit awards. He is in-state and number one in his class and also went to summer programs at Purdue. Tough to get merit money these days.</p>

<p>I got a presidential scholarship from Purdue with a lower SAT and ACT but a higher GPA. I’m an in-state female in engineering.</p>

<p>Our daughter is loving Purdue…actually, it was between Purdue, Lehigh and Univ of Rochester. Absolutely choose a learning community to live in! She is not in the women in engineering learning community, but is in the university honors program Lycem (sp) community. My daughter’s roommate is from Erie, and studying to be a commercial pilot! Please let me know if you have any specific questions. Purdue LOVES women engineers!</p>

<p>i’m applying to the nursing school, do you think that makes any difference?</p>

<p>Nursing definitely makes a difference. The program is really small so therefore really competitive, so it’s rough to try to predict your admission.</p>