Will I have to repurchase textbooks?

<p>Hi Guys,</p>

<p>I have already bought some of the books that are required for the freshman courses at Purdue, especially Stewart's calculus book which is listed for the introductory calculus sequence among others. Browsing through the booklist of Fall 2012, I saw that the Stewart's book was listed as a special Purdue edition with a EWA card. I was wondering that since I have already bought the book, would it be possible for me to buy a stand-alone EWA card. </p>

<p>In case I have to repurchase the books, there would be no point packing them up in my luggage.</p>

<p>Short answer: Yes, you can purchase the EWA cards/codes at the Purdue bookstores.</p>

<p>However, IMHO, I would not purchase books for Fall 2013 based on those used for Fall 2012. Sometimes, different instructors require different course material. Fall 2013 instructors have not yet been named. Also, editions are constantly updated from year to year…irritating, but a fact of life.</p>

<p>That being said, if you found a REALLY, REALLY good deal online for a current used book with a very updated edition number, and know that you will need to purchase the EWA card/code at a Purdue bookstore, then the gamble might be worth it.</p>

<p>On a side note, books are very heavy in luggage and will quickly up your weight limit, which is usually 50 pounds per piece. I always put them in my carry-on or my personal item backpack.</p>