will i like it?

<p>Hey all.</p>

<p>Well I've been attending a local college on Long Island and I absolutely hate it. I hate the commute, I hate everyone sitting around not talking to each other, and overall the school itself. </p>

<p>So before attending the local college, I looked at Geneseo, but wasn't able to go away. Now I'm able to go away, and have sent in a deposit to Geneseo. However, like everyone, I have my worries. </p>

<p>Biggest worry is what is the outside of school life like? I know a few people who are back from colleges now and all they talk about is the drinking, the frats, the partying. I know that's part of the college experience, and I've done my share, but I'm not really interested in that. Is there things to do on a weekend when you don't feel like drinking/going to a party? Are there people at the school who don't do these things? I know most kids who go away go away to do these very things. And with Geneseo being in a pretty remote-ish area, I can imagine it being difficult to do anything unless you want to go out and drink or something.</p>

<p>My second worry is not really meeting anyone, due to my first worry. I've never been one for going out there and making friends, which is something I'm trying to do is become more of a social person. I mean, I guess you have your roommate, and there will always be people to meet, but especially being a transfer, I don't have that freshmen status to help me out. I don't want to spend a semester in my room. </p>

<p>I'm sure more questions will arise, hopefully I'll get some helpful responses, thanks -Adam</p>

<p>I’m not sure about partying and such on weekends at Geneseo. Although the kids at Geneseo are known to party alot, I’m sure with the credentials needed to get into the school, there are many kids who stay back and do other things. Also, no matter where you go, there are always some kids who just plain dont want to drink or go out. Someone in the Geneseo Class of 2012 group asked if there is anyone who isn’t into the party scene and here is the discussion if you want to befriend them or something: [Geneseo</a> Class of 2012 | Facebook](<a href=“Facebook”>Facebook)</p>

<p>Also, I read on the forum somewhere about how there are always organized activities to do on the weekends on campus if your not interested in going out, can’t seem to find it though.</p>

<p>Hey, if you want to meet people there is a facebook group you can join called “Geneseo Transfers Fall '09”. [Login</a> | Facebook](<a href=“http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?sid=8dc963da6f09fe796e3ba57305ca93c2&gid=55784292009&ref=search]Login”>http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?sid=8dc963da6f09fe796e3ba57305ca93c2&gid=55784292009&ref=search)</p>

<p>Lastly, I’ll be your friend lol, I’m transferring in Fall 09 too… you can add me on facebook im Mike Ryan…</p>

<p>Yeah, the kid from Long Island OD’d on alcohol poisoning this year at Geneseo. Some study hard all week and party hard all weekend. Different crowds and styles. You choose who you hang with.</p>

<p>Hey; I heard Geneseo isn’t all about partying, it’s about what you make it. Rochester is 30 mins away. Theres cheap movie tickets. There’s an applebees. </p>

<p>I’m transfering into Seneca Hall in Fall 09. I Can’t wait to see you guys there :slight_smile: Also, from SUNY Suffolk Community on Long Island.</p>

<p>(Thats two people you met with a similar situation already; I wouldn’t worry too much about making friends because they try to dorm you with incoming transfers so you have the same experience making friends. :)</p>

<p>Hm. I’ll be attending the orientation this friday, hopefully all goes well. Unfortunately my mom is going too.</p>