Will I make it into a UC school?

Consider the following:
I am currently a Senior in high school looking to apply to college. Here are my stats;

Academics:
-3.56 GPA
-1160 on SAT
-Plans on taking SAT again and ACT once
-6 AP classes total/enrolled
(1 passed out of 2 taken)
-plans on taking the 2 biology subject tests

ECs:
-President of Key club
-Treasure of Interact club
-At least 6 clubs joined and 3 continued through out the duration of high school
-Attended a selective leadership academy (RYLA)
-works 20 hours on the weekend
-volunteered 170 hours at the boys and girls club one summer
-participated in a children’s gardening club for 2 months

Major:
(I want to be a pre med student)
-Literature
-a minor in Biopsychology Or neurobiology

What are my chances of getting into UCSD, UCI, UCSB, and even Cal Poly SLO?

@arikira: What are your UC GPA’s.: Capped weighted, Fully weighted and Unweighted?

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

SLO uses 9-11th grades so recalculate with the link calculator.

You have good EC’s but your GPA and test scores are on the low side for all schools on your list which makes them all Reach schools.

Here is some UC and SLO admit data based on your current stats.

2018 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.40-3.79 capped weighted and not major specific:
UCB: 1%
UCLA: 2%
UCSD: 7%
UCSB: 8%
UCI: 7%
UCD: 14%
UCSC: 33%
UCR: 49%
UCM: 82%
2019 UC capped weighted GPA averages:
UCB: 4.23
UCLA: 4.25
UCSD: 4.23
UCSB: 4.16
UCI: 4.13
UCD: 4.13
UCSC: 3.96
UCR: 3.90
UCM: 3.73

2019 Data:
25th - 75th percentiles for SAT totals:
UCB: 1340-1540

UCLA: 1330-1550
UCSD: 1300-1520
UCSB: 1280-1520
UCD: 1230-1490
UCI: 1250-1510
UCSC: 1200-1450
UCR: 1130-1400
UCM: 1020-1290

SLO College of Liberal studies:
Average SLO GPA: 4.04 Average ACT: 29 Average SAT:1357

SLO uses MCA points to rank applicants by major. Calculator below and you want around a 4500 to be competitive. https://mca.netlify.com/

I suggest you look at some of the Cal states, especially your local CSU where you would get priority. UCR and UCM might be possible if you get your test scores up.

There are plenty of colleges that would love to have you, so you need to research and see where your stats put you in the 50th percentile or higher when applying.

Thank you for your reply! I forgot to clarify my GPA. My GPA is a 3.56 unweighed, and 3.9 weighed. I’m not sure if that changes anything but I know that need to raise my SAT score if I want to meet the average for UC schools.

Also, because I want to be a pre med student, does my academic stats lower my chances of getting into a UC school?

if your estimated UC capped weighted GPA is 3.86 (very approximate based on unweighted GPA + 0.3) your odds of UCSD/I/SB is bumped up very slightly as opposed to single digits. However, your SAT score is way below average at this point, which won’t help. You literally would have to get to an SAT of 1450+ in order to have a decent shot at the middle-tier UCs, given your UC capped weighted. At this point you realistically need to look at CSUs and UCM/UCR.

Since there is no “pre-med” major, that should not matter to the UC’s. Your GPA, test scores, HS course rigor and essays are considered Very important and the UC’s tend to be very GPA focused. Below a 4.0 capped weighted UC GPA puts you below average for 6 of the 9 UC’s. An SAT of 1160 is below the 25th percentile for all but 2 UC’s. As a Literature major, the competition is not as great as a STEM major, but for Medical school you will be competing with the many STEM majors for the Pre-Med pre-req courses. Completely agree with @ProfessorPlum168 ‘s assessment.

So if your capped weighted UC GPA is 3.9, then your odds are better but definitely not Match schools for the Mid-tier UC schools.

2018 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific:
UCB: 10%
UCLA: 9%
UCSD: 34%
UCSB: 38%
UCD: 41%
UCI: 38%
UCSC: 70%
UCR: 84%
UCM: 95%

you have a good shot at UCR and UCM. I’d encourage you to also look at a few of the CSUs so you’ll have several options, SDSU and CUSLB would be on my list

Take a look at the Early Assurance Medical school program at UCR.
https://somsa.ucr.edu/thomas-haider-early-assurance-program