Will I need to send my HS transcript to GW?

I am a freshman planning to apply to transfer to George Washington University and a couple other DC schools next fall. I looked at the info on their site and it said that they waive the requirement to send in a high school transcript if you’ve completed 30 credits at your prior institution. As someone who was especially lazy in high school, I saw this as an opportunity to put my past behind me. I’m taking 18 credits this semester, and I’m planning on taking another 18 next semester. This is probably a really dumb question but will the classes that I’m taking semester count toward the number of credits I would need to waive the high school transcript requirement? I assumed they wouldn’t, but I asked some older friends who had gone through the transfer process already and they said it will. Could someone with some more knowledge shed some light? If it doesn’t then I’d probably just apply for the Spring.

You can ask GWU to be sure. I think they mean you have completed 30 credits (have finished freshman year) at the time you apply (sophomore year).

It depends on the time of application; if when you apply you are still under 30 credits then you will need to submit a high school transcript. So if you apply in say September and you complete your last couple of courses in December then you would still need to submit a high school transcript. I was rejected from James Madison University for the Fall 2015 transfer because I did not have my science or math requirement completed. To be more specific, I applied in February 2015 and had registered for my final required math and science course in the summer- so before the Fall semester begun I would have been already done with JMU’s science and math requirement for transferring. However, JMU did not care and they rejected me because at the time of my application those courses were not complete. All JMU cared about was tangible results. And yet I ended up finishing in the top of my class in those two courses and got into U.Va and GWSB and got to take courses at Yale. I write this all simply so that you can avoid the same situation I encountered. Make sure you talk to the university and clear things up. And btw I don’t hate JMU or have an animus against the students there. I was really just disappointed in myself and incredibly depressed because I had wanted to go there really badly.