Will my admission be rescinded?

I am currently in my second semester of senior year. I have accepted my offer to GW and paid my deposit but now I am worried they will rescind my admission due to two factors: My grades have gone down, not by a lot but it is obvious that there was a down fall in my grades. I was always an A and B student, never in my life have I gotten a C, D or even F. Even though I will do better fourth quarter so my grades will definitely go up, probably B’s,C’s and 1 D. It was not because of senioritis, I transferred to a new school this year( a big mistake) and the curriculum is way more difficult. I also have health problems which requires me to go to treatment three times a week. My school this year is also far away from my house, so managing between going to school and going to a doctor appointment three times a week is very difficult. My grandma has been very sick and caused many sudden emergencies which aren’t in my control. There was also a death in my family, and honestly so much has happened that it was too much for anyone to handle.

I am also a IB Diploma candidate but I am not sure if I will get iy. What will happen if I won’t get it? I have been very overwhelmed and depressed and I honestly do not know how to mentally prepare myself for what is about to happen. Please be honest and let me know the possibilities of what will occur. Will my admission to GW get rescinded? will I not graduate?( I will I am just worried) Please give me any advice on how to finish strong and what should I do, if I should contact GW even though I am scared that will catch their attention, because I have a friend that goes there now and she said they don’t care as much as we think they do.

Will you end the year with a final grade of D? If so, speak to your GC as Ds can get you rescinded. Or call GW and explain.

I did speak to him, but even he doesn’t know what will happen. In what way do you think my GC will help? bc he is aware of the hardships I have faced this school year but doesn’t know if GW will be understanding.

@NHuffer please help!

I’m confused… you say your 4th quarter grades will go “up,” and that’s B’s, C’s, and one D. So what were your grades prior?

As far as being overwhelmed and depressed, you need to refocus try to calm down. I know this is a stressful time, but this is hardly a moment that’s going to define you for the rest of your life. Also, you will arguably have more stressful moments in college, so work on your coping skills now to better prepare. “Life happens,” and it’s important to remember that you can’t always control what happens to you, but you can always control how you react to it.

I will get mostly A’s in my fourth quarter which will cause my final grades to be the B’s, C’s and one D. My grades prior were A’s and B’s and one C for my first semester. And I know that I am more than capable of doing well on my final exams which will also help. I explained my situation to my counselor and he understands, but he is unaware as to what will happen exactly regarding my admission into GW. He knows that I am not in control of what happened and honestly from being overwhelmed there was no where to see that I was not doing well. and its just one quarter that messed me up a lot.

Do you have any perspective as to what will happen regarding my admission? Will GW be understanding? @NHuffer

I don’t think that’s enough of a drop in grades to warrant your acceptance being rescinded. I have yet to find one person on this forum that has lost their acceptance after such grades, but it’s also possible it’s because they failed to return to tell us. Try not to stress anymore. What’s done is done and there’s nothing else you can do about it…

Thank you for the advice, and I will update to what happens. @NHuffer

I would just email GW. Explain and see. That’s all you can control now, so breathe.