Will my math grade be overwritten?

<p>alright, so I got a D in the first semester for Algebra 2 this year (sophomore). I currently have an A this semester. I have heard that if I get a C, B, or an A next year in pre cal, then my D will be overwritten. Is that true?</p>

<p>I doubt that is true. I got Cs in Algebra 2, a C in Pre-Cal, then an A in Pre-Cal and 800 in SAT Subject Test Math Level 2. </p>

<p>I signed up for 4 UCs and I got waitlisted in Davis and accepted to Santa Cruz.</p>

<p>No. It’s not true, where’d you hear that? Getting a D in your sophomore year lands a pretty tough blow on your application, but there’s nothing you can do now. Just try to increase your grades to show improvement.</p>

<p>If i retake the class for a semester next year on top of precal, will the grade i get “mask” the D that i got when i apply for UC’s?</p>

<p>How are you supposed to tae Precalc concurrently with Algebra 2 if you fail Algebra 2 (therefore needing to retake it) and Algebra 2 is a pre-requesite for Precalc (I’m assuming this is the case at your high school)?</p>

<p>like I stated before, I currently have an A this semester and since I didnt get an F first semester, my school is letting me move on. What I am wondering is that if I retake a semester of it next year, will my D get replaced or will it still be on my transcript?</p>

<p>I doubt you can just retake one semester of a class.</p>