Will my stupidity ruin my chance?

<p>I sent in my REALLY bad SAT scores when I first took the test, but now I got some good scores. How will this affect me when I apply to UCs?</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure you can still send them your higher scores up until December.</p>

<p>That I know, (it’s actually Jaunuary I think) but I mean I didn’t want them to see my 1700 and 620 for chem. I want to know if those bad scores have a negative impact on my UC admission even if I improved (chem 780 and 1980 SAT I).</p>

<p>i dont think they will have any negative impacts for UC admissions. i once asked my councelor if the very bad score on one of the subject tests that i took would make me look bad (i had higher scores in 2 other subjects). she said it doesn’t matter.</p>

<p>actually, that can be a good thing that you sent both the bad and the good scores, because the admission officers will be able to see your improvements.</p>

<p>Those scores aren’t bad. I got 560 on chem and I got into all the UCs I applied to. And anyway, they only care about your highest scores, but want you to send them all anyway. So you’re perfectly fine, your other scores won’t hurt you.</p>