Will one "D" kills my chance?

<p>I am an international applicant who is admitted to UCD, UCSD and UCI (rejected by UCSB). I got one “D” in a subject in my senior year second semester. (my school ends pretty soon because we have to sit a public exam). Am I doomed?
I got a few Bs and Cs in 10th and 11th grade, and even one “E” (the lowest passing grade in my school) in the second semester of 11th grade, so considering the fact that they admit me, my “D” may not be that bad compared to my previous years.
I have already contacted the admissions office of UCD and UCSD and is waiting for their replies, but what do you guys think? What’s the impact of this single “D”? I just want to submit my deposit before May 1 to a college that will 100% give me a final offer.</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>It is possible, the UCs really don’t want to see any D. You are going to have to wait for a reply from them to find out for sure. Sorry.</p>

<p>P.S. Wasn’t there a condition of admissions of 3.0? What class was it?</p>

<p>That “D” is Chinese. My previous grades for it were B,C,C,E,A (and D for this semester)
If I use the formula for UC GPA (my school doesn’t calculate GPA), then my UC GPA for each semester starting from 10th grade is 3.5, 3.44, 3.5, 3.13, 3.75, 3.25</p>

<p>Do you think I should send the transcript to them through email first, so they can give me a better answer? My main concern is that I am supposed to submit the deposit to one college only, so if I’m not 100% sure if they will really admit me, I may have to give up UCs and go for another one.</p>

<p>I contacted UC Davis through the personal admission status portal (which allows me to input the grade for each subject). They replied through e-mail:</p>

<p>"We have carefully reviewed your recently submitted academic records and/or correspondence. Congratulations on the successful completion of your fall 2013 term (my grade for senior year 1st semester is better than my previous years’ result, but then my 2nd semester’s results drop a bit and I got a ‘D’ ), and on your admission to UC Davis!</p>

<p>Please have your final official transcripts sent to us by Tuesday, July 1, to verify records and finalize your admissions."</p>

<p>What does it mean? They think one D is fine or what?
thanks</p>

<p>By the way, after submitting my official transcript to UCSD, if they decide to rescind my offer (I hope not), am I allowed to submit my deposit to another college provided that I do not miss the May 1st deadline?</p>

<p>It shouldn’t be a problem. Keep your grades up in your other classes to balance it out though. If they do rescind your offer, it won’t be before the May 1st deadline. </p>

<p>I have already finished my high school so I can no longer change the grades by working harder, and theoretically I can send my transcript to them for before 1st May. How long do they take to ‘confirm’ my offer after receiving my transcript? I know they will notify me if they are not happy with the ‘D’, but will they send me an e-mail if everything is fine?
UC Davis has already replied and said it is okay, and I am also admitted to colleges in other countries, but since UCSD and another US college are my top two choices, I would like to make sure if I submit my deposit to SD they wouldn’t rescind my offer. </p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>I agree you should make sure SD will be ok with it before you give up your ability to go to Davis, for example, which you say is ok with it. Did you call UCSD?</p>