Will she be accepted?

<p>My daughter applied to TAMU in September. She is an out of state student and missed being an automatic admit because she isn't in the top quarter of her class (she is only 4% away). Her ACT score is 32, SAT is 1330/2010, and her GPA is 3.8/4.5. Do you think she will still be accepted as a review applicant?</p>

<p>my guess is she will be with that ACT score. What major is she applying too?</p>

<p>She applied for nuclear engineering.</p>

<p>I think her stats give her a good shot at review admit. Very surprising that she is in the 29% with a 3.8/4.5 – is this an IB school or 7.0 scale? Did she take all the courses required for admission here? What are her ECs? Everything will count for a review admit, you also might consider submitting a recommendation and any explanation of specific volunteer/ ECs. Good luck!</p>

<p>The school isn’t IB and they use a 4.0 scale. Her class rank is low because we are a military family and had to move between her sophomore and junior years. At her first high school, 9th and 10th graders couldn’t take AP classes, but at her current school they can. She went from being in the top 5-10% to barely being in the top 30%. She has taken all the required courses. She has participated in softball and several clubs and has completed many volunteer hours through church. We’re just really concerned about her being accepted because on the admissions website, it says only 36% of review applicants are admitted.</p>

<p>mimelo - is D planning on joining the Corps of Cadets?</p>

<p>She is, does that have an impact on admission?</p>

<p>I think stating her interest in the Corps is very helpful. Make sure the Corps knows that she is very interested. I guess you also know that OOS students that get into the Corps will pay in state tuition?</p>

<p>Regardless - a 32 ACT is a very good score - I like her chances. My son was OOS with lower scores and he got in (he was in Corps as well).</p>

<p>Unless things have changed (always possible) we were told directly that corps interest was not considered in admission due to the non-binding commitment to join. The only thing they can require is commitment to the corps to accept the scholarship, so technically anyone could check the interest box to gain admission advantage. At least that is how it was explained to us. The corps is a great experience for those who choose it and the scholarships are wonderful.</p>

<p>One thing we discovered was that potential students were submitting additional items like rec letters and more detailed resumes. Can’t hurt. Given your D situation with military transfer affecting her ranking, I would imagine you will be at the top of the review admit pile. Good luck!</p>