Will the coach contact candidates before M10 for recruit?

I’ve applied a few prep schools and are patiently waiting for March 10 decisions. I have decent academic records but looking for recruitment by the sports team – my goal is to play for college while keep my good academic grades. There were some initial contacts with the head coaches before I decided which school to apply, all the schools I applied have opportunities to join their varsity team. After submitted all my application materials, I keep the communication flowing and send a few of my game videos to keep them updated. I’m just curious, at this stage, if the head coach has not given me any updates, does it mean I’m not in their consideration?

1 Like

Silence means nothing.

1 Like

Depending on the school there are rules about coach communication leading up to m10. Have you have any interaction, either on the phone or a return email?

1 Like

Yes, one school said that ISL schools are not allowed to recruit between 2/10 and 3/10. It’s a blackout period for coaches and athletes.

Only a handful of schools are ISL and if you look at the ISL webpage not all sports are listed either.

You can reach out to the ISL coaches between 2/10 and 3/10 and they can then reach back out to you but they cannot initiate. You can hear from a non ISL coach before M10 to hear of an acceptance and that the paperwork will be forthcoming if they really do want you there. Good Luck! But I also agree that silence does mean nothing - do not look into it too much, it is a very busy period and if you are getting recruited for lax (looking at your name) then you know this is a very busy time leading up to the start of the season, getting all the games set, planning for taking the team away for practice during break etc.

In past, people have reported that the coach was as surprised by the admission result as the applicant.

2 Likes

Have some interactions with head coaches from a few schools, one said some others ranked high than me, I appreciated the honest answer and stopped there. A few coaches gave very positive feedback and ask me if their school is on my top wishlist, I guess that is very good signs. There are two schools I am really interested have not given any update since late January. So it is a painful waiting, meanwhile I do not know how to answer the coaches who want me.