Will there be any decisions today?

<p>Seems that Thursdays each week have been D day for A & M recently. D and mom about to have a nervous break down if we do not hear soon! Number 86 in a class of 709 99.67% GPA. ACT broken out scores most great English 29 Science 24 but Math 18 really dropped the average to a 23. Cheerleader all 4 years, AREA HOSA President, Honor Society, Math H.S., Student Council, tons of C.S. Thought she was a shoe in to D1's even though not top 10 and then got CAP'd by UT..... Accepted to Baylor and will go there if declined or Blinn Teamed but would prefer A & M said would even be thrilled with Gateway. Closer to home and obviously the significant cost difference is a factor. Even with the money that Baylor offers they are still so much higher you could do 2 years at another school for 1 year of Baylor.</p>

<p>I hope it’s a decision day! Like you, thought our D wouldn’t have a problem. Missed academic admit by 10 SAT points and didn’t want to retake because all her other stats were so solid. IB Diploma candidate, tons of leadership, community service, attended summer honors camp at A&M, overnight w/Corp, Whoopin’ Weekend. Applied in September! She was accepted to TAMUG w/in 2 weeks of applying and will likely go there a year and transfer if not accepted to CS campus (turning down scholarship $$ at other schools to be an Aggie).</p>

<p>There is an Aggie Class of 2016 Facebook page, administered by current students. Several weeks ago one of them mentioned that Wednesdays are decision days in the admissions office and to check Howdy on Wed/Thurs for updated decisions. We got an email last week from the prospective student center saying all decisions would be out within two weeks.</p>

<p>I’m still waiting for an answer too. Everyone i’ve talked to says i’ll get in for sure. My GPA and SAT scores are pretty good. I’m surprised its taken this long. I hope to have an answer by friday. I know that a lot of people found out last friday and this wednesday. One of my friends actually got accepted to Blinn TEAM friday. So maybe they will send more answers this friday too.</p>

<p>Thanks AggieMom16 for some reason it helps to know others are in the same postion! Your D has really great stats too and applied significantly earlier than ours did, sorry that you are still waiting too!
We did receive the same email from the PSC and my D has checked Howdy so many times per day I’m afraid that she will single handedly take it down :slight_smile: She called the PSC to speak with a counselor on Tuesday and they have a gate keeper asking if you are a Freshman admit awaiting decision and when you answer yes they advise decisions will be out within the next two weeks thank you for calling good bye… Good Luck to your D post and let us know when you find out! </p>

<p>Good Luck JRemi16!!! We know of someone at our H.S. that got Blinn Team last Thursday. My D says No answer still is better than a No… Let us know!!</p>

<p>D’s good freind just got accepted A&M a few minutes ago! Very excited</p>

<p>That gives us hope rushedmom Thanks! D has been checking Howdy all afternoon!! Glad to hear!!! So excited for your D’s friend… I never knew what an emotionally exhausting process this could be for not only our children but for us as well!!!</p>

<p>That news just upped my anticipation! I haven’t taken my eyes off AIS all day… I don’t think I could possibly wait another week.</p>

<p>Sorry Crusher… I had been following you guys thread about admissions in previous days to see what was going on and you guys hadn’t said anything recently and I couldn’t stand it anymore I had to ask :slight_smile: Good Luck to you!!</p>

<p>Haha thank you! I have been wondering the same exact thing! It does ease my mind that others are in the same exact boat as me!</p>

<p>Oh, and please let us all know when ya’ll receive a response! I will do the same!</p>

<p>My daughter got rejected today. She doesn’t want to go to one of the other A & M campuses so she will be going to Tech. Good luck to you guys.</p>

<p>Howiee–</p>

<p>That is tough. Tech is still a very respectable school from what I have heard. Good luck to her.</p>

<p>@Howiee,</p>

<p>If you don’t mind me asking, what were her specs?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>–Hayden</p>

<p>Sorry to hear Howiee, totally understand not wanting to go to one of the other campuses. Good Luck to her at Tech!
Our D is still in Step 3 but AIS is down this morning so we are still praying to make it in.</p>

<p>@Howiee, yes, please share her stats if you don’t mind. We’ve heard of so many students getting in with worse stats than my son’s. But then others have gotten rejections with better stats. It’s so confusing and frustrating.
My son is top 11% (missed by 5 spots), 1170 SAT, 25 ACT (30 math, 26, reading, but 21 science), and he had so much school and community service we had to fill out and send in additional form. We heard TODAY was D day. Hoping that doesn’t mean DOOM!</p>

<p>AIS has been down quite awhile today. I guess we all like to think that it means they are doing a mass database update with new decisions! While I understand it is an overwhelming process, my one complaint is that A&M doesn’t communicate about the process timeline at the same level that other schools do. On this forum and others, info has been posted about what was said at Aggieland Saturday and PSC seminars. I think that if they are willing to say, in public, that there are X number of applications left to review and X numbers of available slots - then they should be willing to post that info on Howdy or somewhere, where there is much less chance of the info being misconstrued. On the TexAgs.com forum, there is an admissions counselor that responds to some postings, which is better treatment than a phone call to the PSC gets you these days!</p>

<p>well, last i heard there are 2000 spots for 15K people. that seems like open communication to me.</p>

<p>do you want them to update that further each day or week? hey kids, now we are down to 1500 with 12k of you to still look at…</p>

<p>yes, it would be nice if they had this process completed sooner, i agree, but they are actually doing BETTER than in years past when blinnteamers were not notified until late may/early june. maybe some blinnteamers were notified earlier, i don’t know, but the kids i know who have gotten blinn team … it wasn’t in march!!!</p>

<p>we would be thrilled with blinn team or gateway at this point!!!</p>

<p>Would love to know if anyone has received a decision from TAMU either yesterday or today and could you share your stats.</p>

<p>AIS has been down all morning… I hope it is a sign!</p>

<p>D still waiting on decision, applied 9/2011. CAP’d at UT, Honors College Texas State, waiting on A&M (her #1 choice). Honors/AP course throughout high school, heavy on science. GPA leaves a bit to be desired at 3.3, but ACT 30 Reading, 29 English, 28 Science, 26 Math, 28 composite. What majors have others applied too? 1st Biomedical Sciences, 2nd Bioenviromental Sciences</p>