will this work for TAP?

<p>ok so tap requires 24 credits before transferring, so if the summer after high i take 6 credit hours, and 18 hours during the first semester, can i get into TAMU engineering after a semester? any loopholes, or is this realistic? thanks</p>

<p>For Spring admission they don’t consider hours in progress, so one semester is not a realistic possibility. They will reject you because for spring transfers it is hours completed. However as I understand it, it is different for fall admissions for transfers.</p>

<p>It may depend on where you take those hours. Will it be at an A&m school? And as far as engineering, you’ll be competing w/others trying to get into that school. They’ll want you to have most or all of your engineering prerequisites done. And then you’ll still have to have an awesome GPA in those classes to have a chance.</p>

<p>If I was you, I would call an admissions person for this question. While it is true they will automatically reject you when you apply for spring semester, they will consider you once your grades have posted and possibly admit you if there is space available.<br>
I think this is a great question for admissions. Or better yet, go by your local prospective student center and talk to someone there.</p>

<p>i agree with post two. they do not do the end of semester grade review in december.</p>

<p>this is straight from someone pretty high in admissions in a face-to-face conversation.</p>