Will UC's count the DECEMBER SAT for class of 09'

<p>because we will be applying in November. I heard they do but am not sure. Anyone know?</p>

<p>i heard that apps are due in the early fall...it is weird they would consider an SAT that is taken a month after the application is due.
so i would guess no...but im not sure</p>

<p>no they count i asked my counselor today</p>

<p>yup, they take december ACT/SAT.</p>

<p>yeah just send your scores to them like you would normally and they'll count it</p>

<p>So the January 1st deadline doesn't apply then??</p>

<p>wut January 1st deadline?</p>

<p>My counseler told me that there was a January 1st deadline for all ACT and SAT scores submitted to the UC system.. But she's new so she is probably wrong..</p>

<p>i heard jan 15th - but that could be wrong too. just make sure that the scores are sent directly to them.</p>

<p>Berkeley is due the 31st (Dec)
San Diego is due the 31st (Dec)
Santa Barbara is due the 1st (Jan)
Davis is due the 1st (Jan)
Irvine is due the 10th (Jan)
Los Angeles is due the 15th (Jan)
Merced is due the 15th (Jan)
Santa Cruz is due the 15th (Jan)
Riverside is due 31st (Jan)</p>

<p>*From the Collegeboard website</p>

<p>This is for all SAT I/ACT/SATII</p>

<p>As always please contact the UC campus to determine the exact deadline to submit the scores. UC Davis prefers that the scores are submitted (official or self reported*) by the end of January. The deadline for the official scores is July 15 as listed on the MyAdmissions site after you are admitted.</p>

<p>*Note: Self reported scores are scores you list on the UC Application for Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships.</p>

<p>UCD Admissions:</p>

<p>Another pet peeve.....</p>

<p>Why can't the UofC figure this out and clearly post a policy, if even by individual campus? If students only have to self-report scores, they could save a whole lot of money. </p>

<p>Three years ago, I e-mailed 5 campuses on this very same issue and recieved 7 different responses ---yes, two responses from the same campus conflicted. Obviously, years later it's still as transparent as mud. :)</p>

<p>I always recommend to send the scores to all UC campuses you applied to after you submit the application to avoid this confusion.</p>

<p>Is there any disadvantage to taking DEC SATs? When do the UCs start looking at apps? If it is before we turn in SAT scores, wouldn't it be a disadvantage?</p>

<p>^^^ I second the question above mine ^^^</p>

<p>There are no disadvantages to completing December SAT/ACT exams. Although the campuses might start to review the applications, no decisions will be made until after the December exams scores are received.</p>

<p>Oh so would the campuses not make ANY admission decisions until december scores are in? Even for the people who have already sent in their scores before december? I think it would be disadvantageous if they start accepting applicants who have already submitted scores before the people who are sending their score reports after the december test (since there will be less spots people can compete for)</p>

<p>bump (10 char)</p>

<p>they don't evaluate your applications until all the documents are in. they'll wait until the deadline for the december score reports before they start admitting students. so don't worry about that.</p>

<p>Umm… just to bump this thread up (sorry), do we need to rush-send them the scores or is it ok to send them the scores regularly (add the college names before the scores are given) and then expect the scores to be there by Decem 30? Or will they give a couple of extra days, cuz collegeboard/ACT claim they take 2 weeks for the scores for the go. And yes do they accept december ACTs even though the results will not come to them until past the deadline?</p>