Will you buy an electric or hybrid car next?

I am exactly the same. IF, and I underscore IF, you want a PHEV, hybrid, or EV, you will have no issues. Both our EV and PHEV are fully loaded (my PHEV has a moon roof, heated and cooled seats etc), and you will definitely have no issues with getting a car that has excellent traction and pick-up.

On the broker, I signed up for one where there was a success fee payment of a few hundred dollars if they closed the deal with the car I wanted. I was lucky because I had a trade-in on a lease that had a profit margin of five figures that I was able to get the original car dealer to handle. While I did not get the full value of the profit, I didn’t have to deal with buying the old car and then trading it in for the new lease, paying sales tax, dealing with paperwork, dealing with selling the old car etc. So, I didn’t ultimately need a broker, but I was able to source a leased PHEV for less than what I was paying for the old lease with nothing down.

In CA, getting a qualifying PHEV (or EV) generally gets you an HOV sticker that allows you to use HOV lanes and get discounted tolls on the bridges in the Bay Area during rush hour even with just a single person (i.e., me, the driver). Using the HOV lanes in the Bay Area with a single driver can shave large amounts of time in longish commutes in the area. That was the initial reason I got a PHEV years ago, but given the pricing differential between charging vs. gas, it makes a huge difference in cost, putting aside the environmental benefits, which are also important.

This is a very tough market for cars right now, so do consider a broker to make sure it’s the right thing for you. If I hadn’t had my friendly local dealership GM work it out for me, I definitely would have paid a few hundred more to get the best deal possible on the cars I wanted. At least at the beginning of 2022, it was an optimum time to cash out on a used car to get a new car, assuming, of course, you could find a new car to begin with. Late in 2021 and early 2022, that was a huge issue, but we get extremely lucky with two cars, both involving trade-ins/

@publisher (if I have the UN right) had a great OP on buying a new car with these market conditions. I can’t find it now, but search there for tons of intel on sourcing a car in 2022. ETA: here is this OP: Buying A New (or Used) Car Experience During Supply Chain Shortages