William & Mary Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admissions

This is the official thread for those applying ED to College of William & Mary.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

2 Likes

William and Mary updated stats for the class of 2027. May be helpful for upcoming applicants.

3 Likes

I am wondering if there is any insight here. I donā€™t want my daughter to ā€œbugā€ admissions during this process. But I wonder is she should be continuing to contact the local dean of admissions with updates, like that she has a new play that she is doing, or proof from the school of all her community service hours. Also, she never really built a relationship with the associate dean at the school for our area, but she did a tour, an interview, and 2 student panels. Is that enough to show interest? Especially if she applied ED? She has wanted to go to W&M since she was in 9th grade for a variety of reasons (we visit the area often) but being OOS and with the competition the chances are so slim. I think she is unique and awesome and that W&M would be luck to have herā€¦ but getting them to know that is a completely different story! Any thoughts, suggestions, or even commiserating is welcome.

1 Like

Take a few deep breaths. You are in the home stretch. Early decisions should be coming out in the next week or so. Itā€™s highly unlikely that anything your daughter does now would make any difference. Do not have your daughter contact admissions unless she has a question that canā€™t be answered on the website. If admissions wants verification of her community service hours or any other information they will reach out to her. Your daughter has done everything she can to show interest - including applying Early Decision which is the ultimate demonstrated interest. Iā€™ve also heard that the interview can help a lot especially for students that are not on the higher end of W&Mā€™s stats. FWIW, my out of state S22 never interviewed or contacted his admissions officer. Sending you and your daughter hugs. Good luck :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Hi, all! I just wanted to commiserate with anyone who is nervously waiting for ED resultsšŸ˜¬. S24 is OOS with two siblings who went to W&M.

For @MotherMother1 , I would say applying ED is the ultimate way to show interest, so donā€™t worry about anything else your daughter could have done!

I will be watching W&M social media for hints about when news might come. Below are the past release dates. Very best wishes to everyone! :four_leaf_clover:

William & Mary ED1 Release Dates

2022 - Friday, Dec. 9
2021 - Wednesday, Dec. 8
2020 - Monday, Dec. 7
2019 - Friday, Dec. 6
2018 - Friday, Dec. 7
2017 - Thursday, Dec. 7
2016 - Friday, Dec. 2
2015 - Friday, Dec. 4
2014 - Friday, Dec. 5
2013 - Friday, Dec. 6
2012 - Friday, Nov. 30
2011 - Wednesday, Nov. 30
2010 - Wednesday, Dec. 1

3 Likes

Fingers crossed for all who are waiting. My OOS son was in the RD pool last year. Now is a very happy freshman at WM.

3 Likes