Williams College Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Williams College Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 9

January 9 is the RD deadline, good luck to all applying. Looks like Williams has a required supplement this year.

3 Likes

Also, here is an article regarding the ED round results, looks like Williams is test optional for three more years until 2026 as Harvard has also extended to 2026.

College admits 255 students to Class of 2027 through early decision after record-breaking 943 applications – The Williams Record

Does anyone know when the Rd are typically released? Thanks

1 Like

It was Friday March 18th last year , the same day as Swarthmore and Amherst, and I think they are usually all together or at least similar. Betting Friday Mar 17th this year…

1 Like

Thank you!

Agree, March 17th is likely, it has typically been on a Friday. Wondering how people felt about the the new required supplement?

1 Like

Ours didn’t apply to Williams, toured but it didn’t make the list due to not having (4yr) Engineering. Interesting that they added a supplement! Lots of schools seemed to add essays this year. Best of luck, it seems like a wonderful school!

2 Likes

Thank you, fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Here is the countdown clock for acceptance dates

1 Like

Williams and Swarthmore’s websites both say by April 1 right now. Did they say that last year when they released in March 18?

2 Likes

Looks like Williams and Amherst are releasing on the same day. April 1.

How do you know?

I thought Williams was March 18?

1 Like

Apologies, according the CC, Williams and Amherst are on March 18.

1 Like

Regular Decision notifications will be released the evening of March 17. (website - admission-aid)

3 Likes

Where did you find that? I only see by April 1 on Williams website.

It’s across the top of the Admissions and Financial Aid homepage https://www.williams.edu/admission-aid/

They haven’t updated the Deadlines page, which is confusing.

3 Likes

I like it. I think it is too easy for students to overload on applications because the schools have dropped many requirements. By having a supplement, the applicants will be a pool of people who might actually want to attend the Williams rather than those focusing on getting an acceptance from any Ivy/potted Ivy. You’ll still get some of the latter group applying, but it won’t be quite so easy to just push a button and apply to one more school.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if we understood correctly. There was a required short essay about living in a diverse environment, and also the option to attach a writing sample, such as a research paper, which they called supplemental. It was optional.

1 Like