Williams ED Class of 2025

For those applying to Williams ED, Class of 2025, starting a discussion thread. Just ask any questions about applying ED this year regarding essays, test optional impact on application process for this year, COVID related impacts

1 Like

My D just turned in her application the other day! Now we’re just waiting.

@MrsJayBird Fingers crossed for your D! My D deferred so will be starting in Fall 2021. It would be fun to have a fellow CC Williams 2025 parent.

@gotham_mom Could you kindly tell me if you know when the ED decisions are released? Are they all released on the same day? Thanks a lot!

My D applied RD, but all applicants hear on the same day. They will send an email that says you have an update to your portal. I don’t know the date for ED notifications. You’ll need to contact admissions. Good luck!

@gotham_mom - how exciting to meet another CC 2025 Williams parent! My D is an athletic recruit so she should have no problem. I really hope so, because she isn’t working on any other applications, even as a back-up (gulp!). I guess we’ll just wait till the ED decisions are released and hope for the best.

@gotham_mom - how is your D spending her gap year?

@MrsJayBird She’s working on a political campaign for now, the rest of the year TBD. Excited to connect with you. Congrats to your D.

My son applied ED a few weeks ago. I think I read somewhere that ED decision is around December 15th. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to all, the letters typically go out on Friday, so December 11 would be the target date. It’s amazing that they can get a decision back to you in less than 30 days.

Hello!
I am an international student applying ED at Williams. It would be great to know the stats with which you people are applying. Thank you!

How real is the ED bump at Williams? Do you have good statistics on how many of the ED admits are in the categories that should be subtracted for the ED/RD comparison purposes, like recruited athletes, legacies, etc.?

It is hard to say, I do think in the COVID environment Williams and other selective schools may caste a wider net during the ED round this year. It is a real bump historically but the ED round is still very competitive. If your numbers are within the range, I would apply ED to Williams since they get back to you by Dec 11-14. You can still apply ED2 to other schools like Pomona or Swarthmore if you do not get in.

By CC, do you mean Concord-Carlisle?

@RedTruck: CC in this context appears to refer to this forum, College Confidential.

Here is a link to a Vassar article about schools signing to a COVID impacts statement on the application process which includes Williams:

https://miscellanynews.org/2020/10/07/news/how-covid-19-is-changing-the-college-admissions-process/

Kudos to all that got their apps in by the ED deadline!

Less than a month left. I know my S is counting down the days.

D21 had her Williams application done a month ago, she hit submit just a few days before the deadline. She keep saying she might want to tweek somethings. I am glad the wait is not too long.

My daughter submitted 3 weeks and noticed that her counselor finished submitting everything for her file last week. So now she is just waiting. Any chance the decision will arrive before 12/15 ?