Willing to answer Questions about Baruch

<p>Hi, taxguy
i know this question may seems odd, but i really worry that i won’t do well in accounting major since i heard it is not a difficult major.<br>
i already got my BS degrees in biology and chemistry
i want to ask how hard is accounting class compare to biology and chemistry classes. will people do well in accounting major if they did well at science major ( i have a 3.67 gpa) i only took one general economic class before and it was 6 years ago. Thanks</p>

<p>Hi, taxguy
another question.<br>
My friend just told me not to apply the undergraduate program but the MBA accounting program in Baruch since i already have a bachelor’s degree in science. i am wondering how is their part time MBA program? I barely took any business class before and don’t have a good basic business foundation. Is it going to be hard for a person like me whom does not have much business backgroud to survive in their MBA program? any sugguestion and information would be helpful. Thanks</p>

<p>Hey taxguy, I’m an upcoming freshman that’s been extensively researching my options for beginning my accounting major. I’ve been very seriously considering Baruch College, I have a couple questions for you:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Why do you think that Baruch isn’t listed onto herehttp://<a href=“Bloomberg - Are you a robot?”>www.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/top_undergrad_bschools_by_specialty_2012.html</a> ? I’m perplexed because on the PAR 2012, Zicklin is rated above that of NYU which is extremely impressive.</p></li>
<li><p>I’ve been considering going to Baruch and perhaps transferring to Dyson, Stern, or even Bing’s SOM. I was wondering if the extra tuition at the Ivy and Stern is even worth it, in your opinion.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks so much for your time.</p>

<p>Accountinglife, I was a physics major before I switched to accounting. It is easier than physics or chemistry. However, it is also different from these two. There is a LOT of information that needs processing, which I didn’t find as true in Physics. Physics, for example , just involved maybe 20 equations for the semester.</p>

<p>Tdrisc95, I don’t know why Baruch isn’t listed. Maybe it is because it is a local university well known in NY. I can’t tell yo that I absolutely don’t agree with Bloombergs omission of Baruch. It is much better, in my opinion, than many of the schools listed, particularly for accounting. As for as the extra tuition of Stern vs. Baruch, In my opinion, it isn’t worth it at all. Maybe Wharton might be worth it but not Stern. I can’t speak for Dyson since I know little about it. However, my opinion is to stay at Baruch and save your money. You probably will attend grad or professional school in the future. Saving an extra 100K++ will put you in a much better position! Trust me on this.</p>

<p>Hi Taxguy.
Yesterday, I received my Baruch results. I understand that Macaulay Honors Program results come out on March 15th. Along with my results, I received another email about a Deans Scholar Program. What’s the difference between the programs? Is it okay if I apply for the Deans Scholar Program even though I’m trying to get into Macaulay Honors? Thanks!</p>

<p>I am a 15 year old sophomore in high school. I will have more than enough credits to graduate as a junior. My GPA is 3.7. I plan on attending Baruch College in NYC. Will colleges look at me differently if I graduate early? If so, in a positive or negative way? Also, I live in Alaska so are out of state students less favorable than in-state students?</p>

<p>i applied to baruch only for cuny and i sent them the sat scores but to the wrong place. i sent directly to them 2034 instead of whats listed on their site 2930. am i supposed to resend? im just scared b/c the deadline already passed. and when i called their automated system it says my application is incomplete. i sent the scores on jan. 30th</p>

<p>xpmichy, contact the College Board and resend the scores to the right place ASAP! I would also call admission and tell them about the problem. To be honest, following directions is part of the admission process and is itself a test. You would be surprised how many kids torpedo their chances by not following all the directions required by the admission’s staff.</p>

<p>My S was admitted to Baruch, also applied to Macauley —we anxiously wait for results by March 15. He was also invited to apply to the Dean scholars progran at Baruch. It looks enticing. Do you know anything about the program besides the free tuition and laptop?</p>

<p>Dean’s scholar is the honors program for Baruch. You will have free tuition and earlier class registration but no laptop. Macaulay is the one with the laptop. For Macaulay students, they have to take a few extra classes. For Dean’s scholar, I believe only 10 honors classes are needed throughout your 4 years of undergrad.</p>

<p>I think they changed their policy because in the email they said that student’s admitted in the program would receive a Macbook Air.</p>

<p>hello: I am a permanent resident & completed my high school back in my home country. I also completed my undergrad in accounting there. Now I want to get admission at Baruch college for bachelor in business administration again. Can you please tell me whether I need SAT &TOEFL now to apply?</p>

<p>If I got invited to Baruch’s Dean’s Scholar program does that mean I got rejected from Macaulay Baruch?</p>

<p>I didnt get accepted into Baruch College for their fall 2013 semester :((. I got a 1080 on sat math and reading with a 3.7 GPA</p>

<p>Hi, I still haven’t gotten my acceptance/rejection email yet , and I sent my application in November 28, and they got my transcript in mid December. When I can expect to hear from them?</p>

<p>Also, can you please see my chances? I have an 85/100 GPA, 1120 CR and Math. I had been secretary in 1 Astronomy club, participated in regional compitition for science Olympiads, competed in DECA regional competition for 2 years, and competed at DECA state competitions 1 year. I also currently have a job at my schools guidance department, and I am also taking 2 college classes and 1 AP this year. By the end of high school, I should have 21 college credits, without APs. I sent 2 teacher recommendations and a well written essay. It would be great if you can let me know, thanks!</p>

<p>nik795, I would call the school and verify that they got all of your materials. You would be surprised how many cases result in schools not receiving all the required items for admission due to some oversight. While you are calling them, you can ask when you can expect to be notified.</p>

<p>They say they have everything on the cuny portal, and they sent back the a card saying they got my transcript. They also haven’t emailed me saying I’m missing stuff</p>

<p>I still have not heard, is this a good thing or bad?</p>

<p>I guess everyone has the same problem. I called them and they said I would hear from them in 2 or so weeks</p>

<p>Don’t most colleges come out by April 1 though?</p>