Willing to answer Questions about Baruch

<p>I have a 2.8 GPA and I 1100 sat (610 math 500 reading) I am also not from the US, I am from Moskow and lived in the U.S. only for 5 years. Do I have any chance of getting in? My grades did improve from 78 10th grade to 89 12 grade. </p>

<p>NYUhopeful1. I isn’t hard to meet people if you are outgoing and take the initiative. However, Baruch, doesn’t have a campus per se. Manhattan is your campus. Thus, people don’t normally live in dorms ,which is one great way to meet friends. However, meeting people is doable as I noted above. I had several girlfriends while I was a student there. I frankly don’t think it is that different from NYU too in that regard.</p>

<p>Valerk0: I think you have a chance and should apply. Admittedly, you will be on the lower end of the admitted applicants,but you do have a chance. I do think, however, that you should retake your SATs or start taking the ACT ,which might be better for you.</p>

<p>Hi,
I posted a thread regarding a question about Baruch but no one seems to know the answer so I’m hoping you would know.
I looked everywhere in their website about the supplementary essay, and I don’t see any indications on word limits. So, is it safe to assume that I can go over 650 words? I know there is a word limit for Hunter College’s supplementary essay, but there doesn’t seem to be any for Baruch. I’d like to check to make sure before I submit an essay that might have went over the word limit.</p>

<p>Hey tax guy my professor told me that I only need a gpa of 3.2 to get into Baruch. He said that I don’t need a recommendation letters, essays, extra curricular and job experience I just need a 3.2 gpa is that true? Also can you chance me? I have a 3.15-3.2 gpa after this fall semester. I have rigorous internship, volunteer and extra curricular activities. What are my chances of transferring to baruch?</p>

<p>I don’t know about the exact admission requirements on Baruch’s site;however, I think that you have a very good chance with your GPA</p>

The other day I read that only a certain amount of students in NYU could get an A. I don’t know how old that information is, so I’m not sure if that still applies in that school, but I’m curious to know if Baruch had the same grading policy.

So I was wondering about Baruch in general because right now I am debating between Drexel/Baruch. Can someone please describe the housing situation, the job % at the end of college, party atmosphere etc? Also I was wondering if there is an indian community within Baruch and if there are dance teams etc. Any information would be helpful…thanks!

@atsishah
Current student at Baruch and I’m transferring out after this semester. I wrote up a thread discussing some of my frustrations. A lot of it pertains to my disappointments with the Macaulay program, but it gives a general sense of why I felt that even a free honors program didn’t make Baruch worth it for me: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/18142682#Comment_18142682

One thing I didn’t touch on in the thread that I can answer you about is housing: Baruch rents out a small number of dorms in a privately run dorm building shared by a bunch of other colleges way up on 96th street (Do not underestimate how far away this is. I wake up 2 and a half hours before my 1st class just to make sure I get to class on time. The 4/5/6 trains are broken at best and hell on earth during rush hour.). All rooms are 2-3 to a room and cramped. Beds felt hard when I tried them on the tour and a friend who lived there said he moved out because it was too loud and he couldn’t study. There are other non-Baruch options, but they will obviously be either more expensive or even further from the school. I live at the 92Y and my friend who moved from the Baruch dorm lives an hour and a half away from the school in Brooklyn.

Does anyone know if they give you the decision on Dean’s Scholar Program separate from the actual acceptance letter. I got an invitation to apply to the Dean’s Program, but they sent me my acceptance without the decision. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hello! I’m a senior in high school currently (graduating in 2016) and I will be taking my SATs in October. My pass SAT score wasn’t as good (CR: 580 M: 480) but I am taking classes to improve them. My GPA is an 81, I have taken AP Language and AP Government while currently taking AP Literature. I was wondering how well my chances are if I improve my SAT score? And what would you consider to be my goal for a SAT score?

Thank you!