Windows laptop or Mac??

<p>I am getting a new laptop for UM. I am a computer engineer major. I have a really nice and decked out windows desktop that I will be bringing. Any suggestions on wether I should go with a sony vaio windows laptop or the new intel processor mac powerbook.</p>

<p>I'm basically an expert on windows and I have tons of programs and tweaks and what not for windows. So it would be nice to be able to use those same things on my laptop. Although, macs are really cool, don't crash, ect.. But I don't like the compatibility problems with the macs.<br>
What do people in that major typically go with?<br>
What would be better for the classes that I will be taking?</p>

<p>Any other info would be awesome. Thanks</p>

<p>Well I think I am going to go with a sony vaio laptop. Mainly because I have tons and tons of software for windows that would basically be wasted if I get a Mac laptop. Also, I don't want to have to hassle with learning a new operating system that few people use.</p>

<p>The sony vaio laptops also are smaller, more powerful, have a better screen, and have some better cooler features such as a fingerprint reader than the Macs. You get more of a selection when going with a windows PC, so you'll get more variety and different laptops to suit your needs best.</p>

<p>Also, UM has some computer techs that work there that will fix your computers in a day or so for free. So you don't have to worry about window's reputation to crash more than Macs.</p>

<p>Just thought I would say that for anyone else trying to decide the same thing.</p>

<p>yea im thinking of the same thing</p>