Winter Clothes

<p>What is the typical winter attire that students wear here? (Do people wear jeans, sweaters, North Faces, etc.) How cold does it get? I'm not really sure what to bring for the winter..</p>

<p>[Average</a> High/Low Temperatures for KMIA : Weather Underground](<a href=“http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayNORMS.asp?AirportCode=KMIA&SafeCityName=Miami&StateCode=FL&Units=none&IATA=MIA]Average”>http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayNORMS.asp?AirportCode=KMIA&SafeCityName=Miami&StateCode=FL&Units=none&IATA=MIA)</p>

<p>According to this site, the low rarely gets below 60. But based on last winter, I’d just bring a couple heavier clothing items just in case.</p>

<p>Son just graduated. Typical winter clothes, when it was cold enough to need them were jeans and a sweatshirt. </p>

<p>Pack a sweatshirt. Pack a pair or two of jeans. Maybe a long sleeve t. You will likely purchase a UM sweatshirt anyway, so you’ll have that as well.</p>

<p>It got into the 30s last winter, so it can get cold. With that said, on most winter days, jeans and a sweatshirt will do.</p>

<p>I’ve lived in Miami my entire life and I can honestly say that January/February are the coldest months and the temps will go down to the 40s (maybe upper 30s in the early mornings and late nights). It’s not too bad especially if you’re a person coming from the Northern states. December isn’t too bad but there are some cold fronts that start around the November/December months.</p>

<p>I would just pack some sweaters and jackets, maybe some warmer fabrics like cordoroy. It’s perfect weather to wear a leather jacket, and jeans always work too.</p>

<p>If you are from up north, you only need jeans and a sweatshirt. Maybe one heavier coat, but not a typical winter coat. The sweatshirt is actually essential all year round due to the blasting cold air conditioning in the buildings.</p>

<p>Ditto on what SVMMom said. ESPECIALLY if you are a biology major. Cox is always freezing.</p>

<p>It can get quite cold down here once in a while. Sometimes even into the high 20’s, believe it or not.</p>

<p>You really need the same winter coat you might wear in New York. You just won’t need if very OFTEN.</p>