wisconsin essays

<p>for wisconsin madison, the first one is "The University values an educational environment that provides all members of the campus community with opportunities to grow and develop intellectually, personally, culturally and socially. In order to give us a more complete picture of you as an individual, please tell us about the particular life experiences, perspectives, talents, commitments and/or interests you will bring to our campus. In other words, how will your presence enrich our community? "
DO WE HAVE TO DIRECTLY ANSWER THE QUESTION? OR CAN I JUST 'SHOW THAT I'M DIVERSE? IN ANOTHER WORD DO I HAVE TO SAY STH LIKE, ' I WILL ENRISH THE COMMUNITY BECAUSE..."? WOULD IT BE OK IF I JUST USE MY PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR OTHER SCHOOLS?</p>

<p>and the second one is, "If there is additional information you would like us to consider in reviewing your application, please share this with us as well. This is your opportunity to tell us things about yourself that have not been asked elsewhere if you believe they will help us become acquainted with you in ways different from courses, grades, and test scores. "
IM KINDA CONFUSED ABOUT THIS...CAN THIS BE AN ESSAY OR IS IT JUST LIKE TELLING WHAT WE WANT THE ADMISSION OFFICE TO KNOW? CAN I WRITE AN ESSAY ABOUT MY LANGUAGE TALENT IN THIS ONE?</p>

<p>thanks so much!!!</p>

<p>I hope English isn't your language talent.
I wrote essays for both, show what you want to tell. Its boring to read a direct response.</p>

<p>no, it's spanish. and i'm an international student from Asia :)
thanks!</p>

<p>Think- what are the essays asking for? The first- what makes you stand above the crowd, why you instead of someone else, what makes you special...? The second- this is your chance to put info that you want them to know but there was no other spot to put it. This is not the place to rehash info they can find elsewhere in the application. Read the UW admissions application guide.</p>