wisconsin madison applying for scholarships after freshman year?

<p>the freshman application for scholarships has passed. however, is there an application for scholarships after freshman year, like going into sophomore year and junior year, etc? </p>

<p>For wisconsin business majors (BBA), i read that there was a scholarship application for people that get in to that program, yet you can't get into it until after freshman year. So is that an example of applying for significant scholarships for madison after freshman year?</p>

<p>thanks for any information</p>

<p>bump10char</p>

<p>Bump10char</p>

<p>anyone got some info?</p>

<p>Yes you apply for most in later years… Start here</p>

<p><a href=“Our Opportunities - Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH)”>https://scholarships.wisc.edu/Scholarships/findSchlr&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I wouldn’t describe the scholarships as particularly significant - what $ amount do you have in mind?</p>

<p>i don’t know i just didn’t apply before freshman year (deadline was in february) so i was hoping to apply next year if i went to madison and maybe get a few thousand dollars off if i did well freshman year. so to answer, like 2-6 thousand, i was asking if thats in the realm of possibility for a good applicant</p>

<p>I’d say that $2k-$6k is probably unrealistic. If you are an incoming freshman, here’s how it works generally for School of Business Scholarships assuming you will finish the prereqs by the end of freshman year: you apply to the School of Business by late March of 2015, find out in summer 2015 if you are admitted, then start School of Business in fall 2015; the first time you can apply for School of Business scholarships is during your sophomore year (2016), but those scholarships aren’t awarded until fall of your junior year and are likely to be $1,000 or less. (Though I think the scholarships for actuarial science majors are more substantial - are you considering actuarial science)?</p>

<p>Here is a link to School of Business scholarship information:</p>

<p><a href=“Our Opportunities - Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH)”>Our Opportunities - Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH);

<p>Best of luck to you - Go Badgers!</p>

<p>thank you. that scholarship info is a little disappointing, but when i was planning my costs i didn’t assume any scholarships so it’s not a deal killer. thanks again</p>