Wisconsin or Indiana?

<p>I'm in a bit of a dilemma...</p>

<p>I have to choose between IU and Wisconsin. I've been directly admitted to Kelley at IU, and I'm receiving $7,000 annually in merit based aid. At Wisc, I'll have to wait to apply for business until sophomore year.</p>

<p>I was just curious as to what your thoughts were. As a whole, Wisconsin is considered more prestigious, but not necessarily the business school (I think?). I also like how I'm already admitted to IU's business school, and I don't have to worry about getting admitted further down the road.</p>

<p>Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.</p>

<p>What do you think of each campus? I've seen IU Bloomington, very different than UW Madison. You are choosing a whole lifestyle package. Is the Madison experience worth the risk of not getting into the business school?</p>

<p>They're considered equal in the rankings. Don't know if that translates into equality in the eyes of the business community, but I hope that helps. If you like the people and campus of Indiana then I'd recommend that. The merit money is the deal-maker, imo.</p>

<p>I once heard from a guy who works at morgan stanley that they really only recruit/hire kids who go to Harvard, MIT, and Wisconsin.</p>

<p>^I know of a guy who just graduated Madison's undergrad business program and is now working at a major New York bank for 70k/year, within a year of graduating. A B.A. in business for gods sake!</p>

<p>Granted, he did have a 3.9, but still. Also remember Madison ties Harvard as the college producing the most Fortune 500 CEOs.</p>

<p>(link)
<a href="http://www.bus.wisc.edu/mba/news/121.asp%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.bus.wisc.edu/mba/news/121.asp&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>OP, some companies/firms have their own "favorite" schools and yes Wisconsin is on many lists. But I won't worry too much as plenty other firms recruit in Kelley too. </p>

<p>Both business schools are fine choices and will both challenge and prepare you. But I cannot ignore the fact Wisconsin seems to have a lot of going for it lately.</p>

<p>IMO, the prestige factor is over-considered these days. The most important factor is finding an environment that you feel most comfortable and "fit". So do a bit homework to see if Indiana really offers you that. If you still can't decide, just join the Badgers network. You can't go wrong there. ;) Good luck!</p>