Wisconsin Prestige

<p>I was talking to my friend, and he was saying that no one thinks of Wisconsin as a prestigious school, he said people think of it as a blow off party school, he also said Wisconsin is an extremely boring state. I told him that Wisconsin is ranked among the best public schools but he said people dont think of it as a good school and it is no where near UNC or Michigan academically. Would any of you say Wisconsin has national prestige or is it just a party school? And is it at the same level as UNC and Michigan and other top schools? </p>

<p>These statements are coming from ohio if that changes anything...</p>

<p>I think that Wisconsin is one of the best state schools out there. I think that it depends on the department you are looking for, but both Wisconsin and Michigan are very comparable in terms of success after graduation. Just tell your friend that UW is tied with Harvard as having the most CEOs who are alumni of UW. lol.</p>

<p>Basically, Wisconsin is a great state school academically, and has that plus of being fun too--right in Madison, the capital of Wisconsin. You can't beat that!</p>

<p>Btw, that thing about UW and its CEOs is true, not a joke!</p>

<p>lol, wisconsin may be a tad boring, but since when is ohio any better at all?</p>

<p>How many other colleges can have the festivities that Wisconsin has? The great football games, the basketball games, the spirit the campus has. Located in a capital! There are even fraternities that have docks on the lake on campus. How many waterfront campuses are there out there? You're only 2 1/2 hours from Chicago (weekend trip) and 1 1/2 hours from Milwaukee. I can't believe someone would knock the campus, it's one of the best there is out there.</p>

<p>Wisconsin easily exceeds UNC in overall quality. It has twice as many highly ranked depts. The overall student body quality is similar too.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.philosophicalgourmet.com/topresearch.htm%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.philosophicalgourmet.com/topresearch.htm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>