Wisconsin > Umich

<p>I just want to say that in terms of the admissions process, Wisconsin was much more organized and easier to deal with than Umich, a school with the same type of admissions style. Im not going to UW, but I was satisfied with the honesty they gave me(unlike Umich).</p>

<p>were u accepted or rejected?</p>

<p>accepted at Wisconsin, Waitlisted at Umich(like EVERYONE else). I just feel the length of the wait and this waitlist crap is deceptive and causes more stress. At least I learned of my decision quickly and without any headaches from wisconsin. In addition, the Wisconsin people are nice in responding to emails, my emails were never returned from Umich and I only got one nasty one from a guy claiming i sent it to the wrong email address.</p>

<p>LOL!! yea, i totally feel you, by why arent u going to wisconsin? its a pretty highly-ranked school</p>

<p>It is, but its far away and to be frank, I probably would not have gone to Umich either. I just can't afford either out of state. The same reason I can't go to NYU either. Anyway I really like this school American in DC and its great for what I want to do(8th ranked program in International Relations nationally) plus its in DC and they gave me a good amount of money... I'm really excited. However, youre right Madison is an excellent school and if I were doing almost anything else it probably would have been near if not at the top of my list.</p>

<p>oh, well i dont know if im going to Wisc...im kinda scared about the distance, i live in LA, but its a good school so i dont know...</p>

<p>My roommate and best friend for life was from LA. He loved UW (after UCLA ug) and married a girl from Wisconsin.</p>

<p>Thanks Ryan, AU is a good smaller school in a great town.</p>

<p>really? so he went to UWisc as a graduate? and he loved wisconsin?!?! wow...i would think someone from Los angelez would hate wisconsin due to the weather!!</p>

<p>lol well a kid who graduated from my high school last year and is now at Madison is dating a girl from Cali...so I guess its not that uncommon ;)</p>

<p>franny!! lol your the same person who was on the princetonreview board and wrote under my topic "calling out snappy the crab" hahaha</p>

<p>there is a surprisingly large number of students from LA at both Michigan and Wisconsin.</p>

<p>i agree totally, madison was a pleasure, michigan was so unorganized in the end though i am not going to either, its between IU and Bentley and GW, good luck though!</p>

<p>There's more to life than weather.. He liked the student neighborhoods all around campus that were cheap and full of life. The school spirit was higher than at UCLA where many people lived at home and commuted. The night life around campus was much more fun for a student budget. He hated the bad Mexican food.</p>

<p>lol yep that was me...what can I say...I love UW :D</p>

<p>I loved Wisconsin's admissions process. I got postponed, but they explained everything, they were quick in their decision, promised a decision by a date (and kept their promise), and showed my postponed decision online, unlike Michigan's deferral. I still haven't heard from Michigan, but it's actually a good process. You get your decision at a good time. Unfortunately I won't be attending, even though it's the highest ranked overall school in USNews that i've gotten into so far.</p>