Wisconsin v Indiana

<p>Stuck in this debacle. Is it better to go to the university of wisconsin b school, major in entreprenuership(which isnt ranked top 5) or go to Indiana where there entreprenuership major is number 2 in the country even though for the most part Wisconsin is a far superior school to Indiana.</p>

<p>I would not put much stock in ranking of something that elusive. For example</p>

<p>JS</a> Online: Editorial: Nurturing entrepreneurs</p>

<p>Not to mention</p>

<p>The</a> Wisconsin Naming Partnership</p>

<p>I have applied to both schools. I have also spoke to people way up in the business world because these are my top 2 choices. From my research, which comes from top top executives, you would be better off graduating from Kelley. However, both business schools are excellent, bu make no mistake, outside of real estate, only the elite schools can match up to Kelley.</p>

<p>OP, you can always learn mechanics of entreprenuership. IMO, a good entreprenuership program has the right kind of students, faculty and the school atmosphere that make you to wanting to do it.</p>

<p>I don't know if Kelley has the right mix. But, I didn't feel it when I was lurking around Grainger Hall as undergrad. Certainly not when compared that two schools in Cambridge that I have spent sometime. So, best way to judge a program is to ask career service how many graduates actually take the entreprenuership route, either immediately upon graduation or later in their careers. Let the numbers speak for themselves.</p>

<p>As for nyfan11's comment, let me assure you that there will not be shortage of top top top executives who will speak volume about UW. ;)</p>

<p>for me, its not a debacle between these two schools for my number 1(Michigan is that, UNC is number 2), but both of them are more or less option B's in some regard. Like I know both have good business schools and rankings(which i don't really feel are that valid) Indiana is better. But from what it seems, Wisconsin is a school where the general atmosphere is more intellectual then Indiana.</p>

<p>If you can, visit all the schools as the trips can be very revealing. BTW, make sure you spell check your essays before turning them in if you want to impress the adcom. ;)</p>

<p>trust me my essays are excellant, i shouldn't have a problem getting into those two schools. I'm more worried about getting into Michigan, UNC, Cornell and likewise. And also Indiana has no essays its awesome/</p>