Wisconsin Vs. Texas

<p>My D was accepted into both of these schools. Living in Ca., it is hard to choose. Both our state capitols, with great college town feel, Wisconsin ranks ever so slightly higher, Austin has better weather, Wisconsin has more diversity of where students come from...Help</p>

<p>Looking for some opinions.... Thanks</p>

<p>She needs to visit both places. Texas and Wisconsin cultures are so different. We have recent Hispanic immigrants, but the state flavor is European origin. Coming from S CA it may be a matter of wanting different weather and culture, or she may want something more familiar. A trip to Madison may make her fall in love with UW, or she could feel out of place. Early spring is upon us, but much colder than in CA. Of course I prefer Wis- that's why I live here. Good luck to her with her decision.</p>

<p>Wis75,
Thank you. She visited Madison in the fall. Got lucky with a very warm weekend. Saw the Penn St. Football game. She loved Madison. Liked the midwestern hospitality. She will visit Austin in 10 days. We will see. just looking for some opinions/advise. Thanks</p>

<p>Hard to get unbiased opinions on a specific college website. I won't bash Austin as I hear it is one of the nicest and most liberal cities in Texas. It becomes a personal decision. Experiencing northern winters as a student may be a good thing- she'll know if she would ever take a job in a city with our kind of winters.</p>

<p>I posted this same question a few weeks ago on both the Texas CC page and here. See topics from about two weeks ago where some very thoughtful and helpful opinions were provided.</p>

<p>It also depends on your D's intended major in the near future. I think each school has its own strength and weakness.</p>