Witt to become Chancellor

<p>Looks like Dr. Witt has become the UA system Chancellor. I hope he can find a suitable replacement to be president. I appreciate everything he has done for this university.</p>

<p>Here is a link to the news story:</p>

<p>Congratulations to Dr. Witt!!
I am sad that he is leaving as UA President and hope that the interim (and future) president will fare as well as he did in the position.</p>

<p>Bonner will be interim.</p>

<p>So is this considered a good thing or a bad thing for the Tuscaloosa campus?</p>

<p>Good thing for UA, and for UAB and UAH. No matter what the anti-UA partisans at those campuses may believe, Chancellor Witt will have the interests of all three schools at the forefront.</p>

<p>this is good for Bama in the long run. Witt has some great ideas about how to improve the entire UA system. I think this will also allow him to pursue his ideas of expanding the School of Medicine on the T-town campus…which he’s wanted to do.</p>

<p>That said, I hope that whoever takes over follows his vision and add his/her own improvements.</p>

<p>From what I understand, many of our kids attend UA on scholarships due to President Witt’s vision.</p>

<p>I hope he can carry forth for all of the UA schools and appreciate what he has done at Bama.</p>

<p>Best of luck to Dr. Witt as the UA System’s chancellor and to his interim and permanent replacement(s) as UA’s president(s). Dr. Bonner does share Dr. Witt’s vision and will make for a great interim president and possibly non-interim president. I’m somewhat surprised that Dr. Mason wasn’t made interim president again, but since he stepped down from his position as C&BA dean to teach full time, it was unlikely that he would want even more administrative responsibility. </p>

<p>I’m trying to figure out if Dr. Sharpe will be promoted to the UA presidency or if they will choose someone from outside the university.</p>

<p>I don’t recall if Dr. Bonner is originally from Alabama, but if she is, she is only the 2nd UA president to be from Alabama.</p>

<p>Dr. Bonner is from Alabama. She - yes, SHE - earned her bachelor’s degree from UA. Typically, presidents are chosen from outside the state, so I doubt that Dr. Bonner will be appointed permanently.</p>

<p>I’m going to vote for Dr. Sharpe as the next UA president, one of the most parent-student centered dean that I have ever met…Dr. Sharpe, you have my vote.</p>

<p>Yes…we love Dr. Sharpe…but I want him to stay as Dean of the HC. He’s just getting some big changes rolling there.</p>

<p>M2ck, what changes are happening?</p>

<p>The further development of the Honors College Assembly to be a multi-pillar support for academics, social, counseling, etc.</p>