Women's Engineering Living & Learning Community

<p>Does anyone have information on this program? There is very little on line. </p>

<p>Has anyone’s daughter participated in this program? Mom2k mentioned that it’s not classified as honors, which is definitely a concern given that she will not be able to request honors at a later date. However, it sounds like a kid is lucky to get two years in honors housing anyway, so maybe not a huge concern unless of course this is a one year only program.</p>

<p>Any help is greatly appreciated. </p>

<p>Sent from my Susan’s iPhone using CC</p>

<p>Which residence hall is this in?</p>

<p>Since it’s not honors, I’m wondering if it will have a number of girls that will start out in engineering but soon change majors because they didn’t have strong stats.</p>

<p>What does the program consist of? Does it involve taking an extra class or something? or are these girls taking the same Frosh Engineering Program that all eng’g frosh are taking? if so, I think your D would be better off in honors housing and finding some other female eng’g students as suitemates if the desire is to have eng’g suitemates.</p>

<p>After looking it over, it doesn’t look like the Women’s Engineering is a true LLC. It looks like it’s a Living Option. I believe that means that there isn’t a program, it’s just an opportunity to live with other eng’g majors.</p>

<p>A true LLC has an official program, classes, seminars, etc.</p>

<p>If your daughter is National Merit, honors housing is guaranteed. That said, Alabama does its best to make certain that any student who requests on campus housing beyond his/her freshman year receives it.</p>

<p>I wonder if on-campus housing will be more available in the next 2 years because that second tower will have been built. The first one more than replaces Rose (which wasn’t fully occupied), and the second one might create a housing surplus</p>

<p>Momreads is right that Housing does try to accomodate students who want to stay on campus.</p>

<p>My daughter is not a NMF. I believe the women’s engineering is in Lakeside East. </p>

<p>She was originally leaning towards Ridgecrest South, north tower (I think). But, when she heard of this, we thought it might be interesting. </p>

<p>However, Thisis the first time I have seen a post where no ones child had participated. Maybe that is my answer.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Sent from my Susan’s iPhone using CC</p>