Wonderful visit: huge letdown

<p>We thoroughly enjoyed Family Weekend.</p>

<p>Now the stretch until we are together again seems like forever and I am blue.</p>

<p>Anyone else?</p>

<p>We got a hug on Sunday, so we were happy for that. Don’t worry. Fall Break will be here before you know it!</p>

<p>It was really great meeting you and your husband this weekend. Hope y’all have a great four years!</p>

<p>Do I read between the lines and sense there is the most letdown about having to leave behind the great camaraderie you experienced amongst CC parents? (who are the best, BTW) A visit to an Alumni viewing party near you will most definitely help. They are held in places of liquid refreshment. But seriously, ~5 weeks until Fall Break - exactly the amount of time between drop-off and Parents’ WE. You can do this! ;)</p>

<p>I can vouch for alumni viewing parties. Watched the A&M game at the Philly party while visiting D. She wasn’t excited about going but she has a great time.</p>

<p>We came home late last night. I was literally walking in the door planning a mom’s roadtrip down for the LSU game. :D</p>

<p>I can vouch for viewing parties too…Chicago has the most amazing viewing parties! If anyone is local please drop by…we are a fun group.</p>

<p>I always hope to see my D when they scan the crowd! lol</p>

<p>I texted DS that his dad, sister, and I are so excited for our visit this weekend and the Ole Miss game. His response, “what, you’re coming this weekend, but school just started.” My response, “I’ve told you three times that we’re visiting this weekend, is there a problem?” UGH!!! </p>

<p>I’m grateful that he’s having such a great beginning to his sophomore year but seriously?!? :)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Which Chicago venue, I thought there were two? I watched the Bills vs NE game at Delilahs and that was wild. It was good to see fellow Upstate NYers.</p>

<p>I’ll be in Seattle. Any viewing parties there?</p>

<p>I drove 15 hrs straight Sunday/Monday and went to work Monday afternoon. I slept well last night.</p>

<p>I agree with you TXArchitect
Another countdown begins 63 days!!
The only bad thing about UA is that it is so far away and is not cheap to get there.</p>

<p>riprorin – You are better than I am! We drove 16 hours thru with a dinner stop and a time zone. I sent the 7th & 8th grade siblings to school, but I stayed home for R & R.</p>

<p>I scewed up in Nashville and ended up having to drive through Chicago. Ugh. I stayed in Birmingham too since I had points for free nights and that was also a lot of driving.</p>

<p>My wife didn’t go, so I was on my own. It sure was a boring drive.</p>

<p>I think I will fly him home for Christmas and then I will just have to pick him up in May.</p>

<p>As much as I enjoyed seeing him, I felt like I was a distraction, so I probably won’t do it again. It was good though to meet the two roommates I hadn’t met before and to see that the suite was relatively clean. He took my parting words in August of “don’t live like an animal” to heart.</p>

<p>Riprorin, parents go to both places for the viewing parties, but the majority of parents go to the location in Downer’s Grove.</p>

<p>As for Seattle, looking at the Seattle alum group’s Facebook page, they meet at [Belltown</a> Pub - Seattle | Home Page Main Category](<a href=“http://belltownpub.com/]Belltown”>http://belltownpub.com/) for their watch parties.</p>

<p>Thanks! I’ll have to see how close that is to my hotel.</p>

<p>I noticed that the Houndstooth doesn’t get great reviews. I didn’t have a chance to get there when I was in Chicago.</p>

<p>@lovemykids2
I laughed at your kiddo’s reaction to your attendance at the Ole Miss game! I remember when my daughter went away to college. We got reservations at a local hotel for two nights for Family Weekend and her 9 year old brother was excited to see her and all the college hoopla. We attended a concert in which she was playing on Friday night, but she more or less ditched us by leaving through the stage doors and never met up with us! On Saturday morning, she “wasn’t available yet” when we arrived on campus. She deigned to eat lunch with us, because we payed for the barbecue and then refused to go to the football game. She went out to dinner with us and then asked us when we were leaving, because she wanted to go out with her friends. I was furious and cancelled our second night’s stay and drove the three hours home in a huff.<br>
We made no plans to even attend her sophomore year, but her grandparents had a hankering to see the campus, so we went up and back in one day. She was friendlier - grandparents have a way of making them nicer - but was relieved to see us go.
By the time she was a senior, she was so disappointed that we would only come up for the day - everyone ELSE’s parents came for EVERYTHING! And by graduation, she was giddy that we came for the weekend. I guess they grow up!</p>

<p>Riprorin, my husband and I have had nothing but fun at The Houndstooth. We have met friends from AL and get “roll tide” texts on game days from some younger friends we’ve met. We even saw Bethanny, our admissions counselor, and had fun with her. Don’t listen to those reviews.</p>

<p>Those Houndstooth reviews are for the bar itself, not the Bama watch parties. The Tooth is in Wrigleyville which can become ugly during Cubs games and other events when that area is packed. AR is more relaxed, they serve food, we have parent tables where parents sit together and talk about our kids (when the game is not on).</p>

<p>Maryjay, we had a similar experience at our daughter’s first Family Weekend and the same last year for DS’s. He was busy with pledgeship. Our daughter is a senior in college at a Big 10 and is a huge Bama fan, she can’t wait to visit and go to the game. I told my son to put a smile on his face and pretend he’s happy to see us - haha! Two of his roommates’ parents will also be there and we are tailgating so all will be good. I’m happy he’s happy and not too dependent on us. Kind of. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:</p>

<p>I’ll check it out next time I’m in Chicago.</p>

<p>If there’s a game on let me know and my hubby and I would be happy to meet up with you.</p>

<p>Cool, that would be great. I go to Chicago periodically to visit customers.</p>