Word Limit

<p>I just have to say the word limit is ridiculous.</p>

<p>I’m at 1095 words and it won’t let me submit.</p>

<p>95 words… seriously?</p>

<p>Ya, I was at 1105 and it took me like 45 minutes to cut it down to about 1052 which was accepted.</p>

<p>Ya it is silly, but just review and cut, cut, cut!</p>

<p>I turned mine in with like 1077. Just delete some adjectives or something.</p>

<p>Just trim a sentence or two. The app accepted mine with around 1070.</p>

<p>Originally, I counted the words using my word processor, and it said 1095. But when I added it up on the application page, it was over 1100+. So basically the application page just counts the words oddly.</p>

<p>I managed to cut it down to 1098 words, based on the UC application's measurements.</p>

<p>So let it be known that the official word limit is 1100 words by the UC application's standards!</p>

<p>(I still think it'd ridiculous that they don't trust us to use our own judgment for what we think is acceptable.)</p>

<p>When you copy/paste your essay from your word processor to the application page, the quotes and apostrophes count as words (yeah it's stupid). Just delete all your apostrophes and retype them, and it'll reduce the word count :]</p>

<p>^^ Wow thanks I didn't know that. That actually helped a lot. I just went back and re-pasted everything in and fixed the apostrophes and quotes, and now I'm able to use my original essays.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>(I'm exactly at 1100 words! Hah!)</p>

<p>Cutting it a little late, eh?</p>