Wordle Today - No Spoilers Please (Part 1)

I’ve been doing the daily and a few randoms occasionally. First time posting it here.
Today’s word nearly gave me ‘one’ before I guessed it correctly on the fifth try. Just couldn’t get a letter in the right slot. Yikes!
I had to take a long break between guesses just to get my brain working again.
Wordle 237 5/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

5 Likes

Well my normal starting words include both an A and E. Usually I use STEAM or STEAK or BREAK. Maybe I will try CRANE or CASTE.

I like either stare or train as my starting word

1 Like

Wordle 238 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

Wordle 238 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

I usually use TRAIN and SLOPE as my first two words; often that gives me an indication of what to try next. Then I stare at the remaining letters until someth8ng starts to gel.

1 Like

Wordle 238 4/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

Is this even a real word?

Wordle 238 5/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

2 Likes

Wordle 238 3/6

:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

:grin:

I’m back to 4 today, after absentmindedly keeping one letter in the wrong spot between my first and second guess. (sigh) I thought my third word was it because it took so long to come up with an option, but alas, no. It didn’t take as long to come up with the correct word for choice 4 with the letters I eliminated though.

Wordle 238 4/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Wordle 238 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

Wordle 238 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:

Pleased with my deductive reasoning today.

Mine hasn’t migrated to the Times yet, probably because I leave a tab with Wordle open constantly on my phone and it resets at midnight. Will be interesting to see how long the dual hosting lasts. As for the paywall, the Times has said the game will remain free for some indeterminate period. A low-seven-figures sum for a game with hundreds of thousands of players is a perfectly reasonable marketing expense, exposing more people to the games already behind the paywall, so I would guess there’s no rush.

2 Likes

My open tab had not migrated to NYT until I tried the download save I had read about. That click reset it, so no download. I have a NYT digital subscription but only play the free games. I know the vortex I would get sucked into with unlimited play. Anyone remember Snood?

Wordle 238 4/6

:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

Wordle 238 5/6*

:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

I had to step away and come back to this one.

Wordle 238 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

Wordle 238 4/6*

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square:

Wordle 238 5/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square:

Wordle 238 4/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:

Wordle 238 4/6

:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

I’m like, wait, that’s where those letters go on third try? Okaaay…

1 Like

Wordle 238 3/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

A little challenging!