Wordle Today - No Spoilers Please (Part 1)

I finally got this, but only because I could google the word…I don’t remember ever learning it or hearing it.
Wordle 241 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
Apparently not the same word as in the USA Today…

1 Like

That’s weird…I think the word today was sort of a common word. Familiar.

I do wonder if everyone gets the same word on the same day….I really do.

@BornMe maybe message me the word you did today…?

1 Like

Berknation has switched theirs now to being the NYT word. This morning they weren’t the same. My son and I compared after each getting ours in 4… and then went WTH? Now I just tried Berknation (I had done NYT) and it matched. Weird how they differed this morning though.

Wordle 241 4/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

2 Likes

Ok…in Berknation….I had the choice of Today’s word, or random word!

I just did both. Anyone else have that?

Always in Berknation. You can do as many random words as you want.

1 Like

I just found that out…and it’s something I didn’t need to know!

2 Likes

The word I had from Berknation was a word I didn’t know—I just played with letter combinations because I literally could not come up with a word after several hours of revisiting the problem. I had wondered how so many friends solved it so easily----now I know. We didn’t all have the same word!

3 Likes

I’m thinking this….

The weird part is the Berknation and NYT were so close to the same. Drove me nuts at first because NYT said letter was in wrong place but Berknation said it was right. I play both simultaneously. Wordle 241 5/6
Berknation
:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square:

1 Like

Am totally stumped. I have tried just about every word that can work with the green letters I have and NOTHING is right. I’ve got two green letters and a yellow and have attempted 4 times.

I’m ready to say “Uncle”.

Someone please DM bc I seriously don’t know what word this could be. I clearly don’t know the word and it must be something really wacky!

1 Like

Just DM’d you to see if you want the answer, or hints.

Okay, so this is CRAZY.
Both Marilyn and Thumper just helped me.

But get this.

Neither works!
One won’t allow me to submit the word that it supposedly is as it says “not a word” and the other word doesn’t fit my letters that are already green.

So I say it’s a big screw up today on the word I have. Sigh.

I have spent a LOT of time in this. Now I’m irritated. :laughing::sweat_smile:

They made some kind of change in the last few hours - I just went back into Berknation and it tells me the word I had this morning isn’t a word. Although it was correct when I woke up!! So I tried the NYT word in Berknation and it was correct. Go figure!

I normally do these words on my iPad but am currently on the computer so it doesn’t know I already played today…

3 Likes

I think you have my word, but I can’t message you.

I messaged you. :blush:

Here’s the explanation; don’t read if you don’t want to be spoiled for today’s word/s.

I just played a different website for wordle— it wasn’t the NYT nor the Berknation and I had a different word.

The random words on the berknation site are quite random and include some that I didn’t know were words!

I used the old site yesterday, but today it has the word from yesterday’s nyt . So I went to the app…today’s result

Wordle 242 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

Wordle 242 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

A fortunate second guess that left few possibilities for the third.

Wordle 242 4/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

NYT version

1 Like