Work Order TODAY to have bed raised prior to move-in

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/work_order_request.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/work_order_request.cfm)</p>

<p>Per Housing should be made by end of July…</p>

<p>I am better-late-than-never on this…sorry.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if the beds are at their lowest or highest level when the students move into Ridgecrest South? I called housing and the young man that answered the phone said he thought highest, but he wasn’t sure.</p>

<p>My son got a letter in the mail 3-4 weeks ago with room information. In that letter is stated that beds would be lofted to the highest level. BTW - He is in RCS.</p>

<p>DD wants her bed at the lowest level. Do you know if we put in a work order today for that or just get an RA to move it down during move-in?</p>

<p>If she is in RCS or Lakeside or such then it only takes about 5 minutes to lower or raise the beds. Takes 2-3 people but it is pretty easy and quick. Have a hammer just in case one gets sticky. No tools needed.</p>

<p>Basically all you have is the head and foot pieces and they have slots in them for the bed to fit into. Lift it out of the slot and put it in the one desired.</p>

<p>DH brought a rubber mallet with him, and it seemed to do the job. Some other parents borrowed it, too. This was at RCS.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone for the help. We will certainly change it if it is not on the lowest level.</p>

<p>Janine in Housing has posted that they prefer No Mallets. Why not go the work order route first?</p>

<p>At BB, it took a certain father-son team two seconds to change the height of the bed. It’s not rocket surgery. </p>

<p>I agree that one should not use tools (although I doubt a soft mallet in the hands of an adult would hurt). If it sticks after a little gentle wiggling, a previous user may have improperly forced it, in which case the work order approach is appropriate to make sure the bed isn’t damaged.</p>

<p>Guess I’m just the DYI type. :)</p>

<p>Like Bill, at BB it was me and 2 girls that each may weigh 100 lbs dripping wet to move adjust the height. When moving D in for EC her and I did it while DH was thinking it was going to be a major undertaking. LOL! NOT! :wink: </p>

<p>We had one that was a little tight getting out of the slot it was set in but it just took a little extra mom effort.</p>

<p>I know it is a day late but where can you put the work order in?
My daughter is at presidential.
thanks
(<a href="mailto:gotjenks45@live.com">gotjenks45@live.com</a>)</p>

<p>D is at Lakeside for Early College. 2 guys showed up to their suite yesterday. They were there to loft 2 of the beds. Guess someone forgot to tell them they were still occupied.</p>

<p>They left the extensions for the beds in the hall outside their suite. A few doors down there was one of the under bed safes sitting out in the hall.</p>

<p>My hubby and I move ours too at Bama Bound. Took a couple of minutes - no problem.</p>