Worried about my chances of being admitted

So unfortunately I just barely missed being an Academic admit to Texas A&M with the needed test score (30 ACT with a 27 in Math and English) but a class rank of 26%. I completed my application on September 30, sent in my best score on October 1st, and had a recommendation letter sent on October 29. I applied to Engineering, but I am not in Engineering review. At the moment I am getting myself ready for denial, but was wondering if someone can shed light on my chances. Any info would be helpful and greatly appreciated!

Side note: At the end of my first semester of Senior year, I was lucky enough to be able to raise my class rank into the top quarter. I don’t know if that even matters, but if it helps in any way I would love to know.

@jp1516 I don’t think your rank matters after the application deadline, as that is what they are going by for admittance. Does your AIS say anything, like your application is in review? If it doesn’t say engineering review, I think that would be a sign you did not get into general engineering with full admission. You still could be offered full admission but with a different major, Blinn Team,Engineering Academy at Blinn or Aggie Gateway to Success.

IF you don’t get in, and don’t go to another school after high school ( yes even CC), you can apply for spring admission with your new rank. If you don’t mind taking a semester off you’d be an auto admit. Just can’t go to school or you lose your ability to qualify as a new freshman. Surprised you haven’t heard anything with such close stats. Your other option is to appeal, but the slots in Engineering probably will be full. They build in an average # of acceptances of offers prior to sending out offers to enroll meaning, just because someone takes another school’s offer does NOT mean there is an open slot at TAMU.