Worried about the future of honors classes in my High School - Need advice!

Hello everyone!

I’m new to this thread, but I wanted to share a situation at my High School. They already got rid of several honors classes, and now they’re trying to get rid of Honors Math and Science. Because of this, they’ve been making the tests really hard and difficult, almost like they’re trying to make kids drop out of these classes (4/7 classes are gone because of dropouts). It’s not like we’re just doing badly in these tests, in my class alone we have 3 top 1% ranked nationally in the AMC 8 and 1 AIME qualifier.

In the recent tests, our class average went from a 67 to a 61. I did well on the first test compared to the other kids in my class, but the second one was terrible, it dropped my grade from 82 to 66. I think I can raise it to an 80 if I do well on the other tests but it’s getting me worried since I’m applying to private schools with these grades.

On the other hand, in Honors Physics 1, I currently have a 90, which is the highest in the class. But the tests are harder than the math tests and our class average grade is a 71. I am worried that I messed up my grades for Physics too based on what I think I did on my recent tests.

Regarding other grades and stuff my lowest grade is a 93 and everything else is higher. My World History grade is a perfect 100.

I’m really concerned about this and how it’ll affect my future since I’m applying to private schools with this grade. What should I do? Any advice on how to study for these tests? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I would request a meeting with the teachers and ask them how you could improve.

1 Like