worried postponed student

<p>I was postponed, but i I still haven't gotten a decision from the office. Online or offline. Is something wrong, or is anyone having any trouble? It's worrying, with the 15th coming up.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I got a letter saying I was wait listed today. The website status still remained the same ever since I was originally deferred though.</p>

<p>My D got a decline letter today (waitlisted also)</p>

<p>elizabethh, I'm sorry about your daughter... she deserved to get in. The positive thing is that I think she could easily transfer if she wanted to, also she probably has less expensive college options (I'm not sure I'll attend myself due to the really high oos tuition).</p>

<p>Rejected after being postponed with a 32 ACT and all A's on the mid-year transcript. It kinda feels like they're just playing games with this whole postponed thing.</p>

<p>The big problem is too many students want in- record numbers I believe. Many good students are competing with each other. Not getting in does not mean you can't do the work so think transfer. They have to limit the numbers so freshmen can get courses, etc. Good luck and enjoy your other choice- and don't be surprised if you're instate and run into others like you.</p>

<p>I got accepted today after being postponed. 29 ACT, 3.8, good extra curriculars and recs. In state.</p>

<p>I'm anxious. I've been checking the website but it hasn't been updated since it said I was postponed. Guess I'll just wait till the mail comes...</p>

<p>Have there been any online acceptances posted today for anyone?</p>

<p>I also got waitlisted yesterday.
I like that whole "Connections" thing. Not.
I have too much pride to go to a two-year. Or Green Bay.
:/
I don't know if that's bad to say.
I'm stupid for forgetting to send recs in the first place.
I'll be at La Crosse next fall. Haha. :]</p>

<p>Radnosity and others - it isn't where you start, but where you graduate from that future employers and grad schools are concerned with. Granted, the two year colleges and technical schools aren't the same experience as a 4-year - most of them you'd end up living at home or an apt. But what's so bad about UWGB? The Connections program includes a UW-Madison ID and privileges that go with that including a UW-Madison advisor to help with planning and the transfer as well as a guaranteed transfer after 54 credits and a min 2.0 GPA. From a parent's standpoint, it doesn't look too bad after all.</p>

<p>Just got the the letter saying they can't grant me admission, but I can still be on the extremely extended waitlist. I feel awful. I've wanted to go to Madison my whole life, and then I find out a girl from my school (who applied late with similar stats to mine) got in today, and the worst part is she's probably not even going to go to madison. I just hate it.</p>

<p>MNgirl08, so sorry. Do you have any acceptances in hand - do you know where you'll go now? Perhaps you can transfer to UW after a year or two if you still feel the same way about going there? I know it's not much comfort today to think of that, but you'll be surprised how fast time goes once you start college!</p>

<p>Still haven't received a decision. I was postponed and the website still says they don't have my midterm, but i definately sent it. should i call?</p>

<p>I've been accepted to the university of iowa so far, and now I'm just waiting to hear from some LACs and Minnesota (which I'm told I'll get in but whatever). This was just a hard blow. Thanks for the consideration trn99 :)</p>

<p>La Crosse is one of, if not the best of, the non Madison Wis schools. UWGB isn't. My advice to all freshmen- go away to school freshman year, transfer home to commute if you must financially, but get that never again experience of being fresh out of HS and on campus. Green Bay's campus is not like the others, still plenty of commuters and nothing to do on/near campus, best for locals to go elsewhere. Good luck to all. PS- to all from the Madison area, try to live on campus instead of commuting, it's worth it!!!</p>

<p>funny story... someone at my school got accepted with same ACT lower GPA. my counselor called, they switched our gpas. I should've been the one in, and not her. Now my app is going through the process again, or so they say. Pretty interesting...</p>

<p>wow, that's really weird... but good for u! I just hope that person at your school isn't going to get their admission offer taken back (that would be awful for a college to do)</p>

<p>Yeah, it has been a pretty crazy week so far to say the least! I'm just glad that we were able to catch the mistake, I'm not sure if it'll matter but it makes me feel better to know anyways. I know they can't take away her admission, but it's just so weird for me to think that our places were just switched.</p>

<p>Waitlisted. Already got into my top school so i'm not taking a spot on the list though...</p>