Would Anyone Mind Chancing Me?

<p>My gpa unweighted is an 87.4, and it's an 89.1 weighted. I scored a 1390/2130 on the sats (660 crit, 730 math, 740 writing) and took three SAT2s (math 2, U.S. history, and physics) and got a 690, 710, and 720 respectively. I also have a decent amount of ECS and community service although its nothing to write home about. I know my gpa is low, but I was hoping my SATs would compensate, plus I have a 94 average so far for senior year. So what do you guys think?</p>

<p>Well thanks for the help everyone</p>

<p>Did you apply regular decision?</p>

<p>As you know your GPA is below the 50% tile 91-96 for the class of 2014. SAT looks great though!</p>

<p>Good luck!!</p>

<p>Yeah, I applied regular. Do you think I have an ok chance though? I feel like I would definitely go if i was accepted, so I’m pretty anxious to figure out my chances</p>

<p>Don’t worry about it, you’ll get in.</p>

<p>If your SAT is a 2100+, you can get in even with an 80 average (know quite a few who did).</p>

<p>I had a 2230 and 92.4 average and got in even when I applied two weeks before decisions (almost two months late lol).</p>

<p>Bioblade, are you absolutely sure that I’ll be accepted? I hear they completely ignore the writing section, which means I lose my best section leaving me with only a 1390. Also, my gpa is well below the mean accepted gpa, and I don’t even think I’m in the top 30% of my class. Also, its getting more and more difficult to get accepted each year. Maybe I’m being paranoid, but I don’t really like my chances.</p>

<p>I don’t know if they ignore the writing section, but a 1390 is still more than enough to outweigh the blip in GPA. Honestly, I find most people come here with ridiculously high GPAs in high school only to get a kick in the bum in college due to high grade inflation in high school and expecting it to be as easy. I find the people who tend to do well were those with high SATs rather than high GPAs. Like I said, your SAT is great for geneseo and your GPA isn’t even that low. Only 60% of this class was in the top 10% of their school.</p>

<p>I wouldn’t exactly say your scores are ivy-range but you more than qualify for geneseo. I’ll send you some stats to your inbox if it helps you clear your mind.</p>