Would I get in?

<p>Im a junior from Virginia and I am very nevous how i may far in the admissions process. My dad's alum.</p>

<p>I have a 3.54 UW, and a 3,83 W. I want to go into the arts/sciences department. I gave a 1170 best composite sat, with a 1830 for best combined. My Extras include:::</p>

<p>President/ Founder of the Meditation Club 11, 12
Business Manager for the Newpaper 11, 12
Staff Writer for the Newspapaer 9,10
Wrestling JV 10
Lacrosse 11, 12
Astronomy Club 9,10,11,12
French Club 9, 10, 11, 12</p>

<p>I have over 200 hours of community service and have worked extensivley with Tibetan Refugees in India. I spoke to an admissions counsler my 10th grade year and she seemed to like me, but i very nervous. Also, how much will my alum connection help my chances.</p>

<p>THANKS!!!!!</p>

<p>Also my senior schedual is </p>

<p>AP ENVIORMENTAL
AP Lit
AP PSy
Hon Newspaper
Gov't
Trig</p>

<p>Give it a shot. As you know you are a little low on both GPA and SAT but not terrible on either. Spend some time on the essays. They count in marginal cases.</p>

<p>Hey william, what's up? You've started this thread in about 20 places. There are about half a dozen online comparison tools you can use to answer this question, right? collegeboard.com, cappex.com, etc? Let alone the admissions depts of the schools of interest to you....</p>

<p>It looks like about 50/50 according to the most recent info from UW. Of course, there are a number of variables, some that may work in your favor (geographic diversity, alum parent, perhaps good essays). Your grade trend, strength of schedule and rank will be important as well. </p>

<p>Take a look at this page for more info:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I read it more like 30%.</p>

<p>Sorry, not to quibble, but I read an 1830 divided by 3 as an avg. SAT section of 610 with a 3.5 UW. Although if you simply take the 1170 by 2, the avg. drops. UW shows the range based on the 2400 scale on the profile above the chart so that is what I used. I suppose it depends how you read it. I say we are both right. :-) Regardless, it is gonna be tough for the OP, but certainly not impossible. </p>

<p>William - just do the best you can to finish your junior year with strong grades and have a great 1st semester senior year. You could consider taking the SAT again or try the ACT. Write strong essays, get good teacher recs, etc... You have some decent EC's as well as community service. Good luck - whether Madison or not, I feel confident you can have some good school choices come next spring.</p>

<p>Thanks alot for your help. I actually had a typo, it was a 1770</p>