Would it be too difficult to take a science, history, and math class in one semster?

I created my schedule at Texas A&M and the classes I have are U.S history, nutrition, intro to health, this other health class for my major/scholarship that is 0 credits, biology 107 ( zoology) which includes a lab, and math 141 ( calculus). I was not going to take math because they said to not take a math with science my first semster as a freshman. However, basically all of the classes needed for my major are either full or the times do not work, and I am required to have 15 hours for my scholarship. My advisor said to drop one of those classes during the first week of school and add another one since she thinks that my current schedule would be really hard. Hopefully I will be able to do that, and change it to an easier class that works. Do you think that I should definitely do that? I am a fairly motivated person but I don’t want to have too much difficult work and end up having a bad gpa.

6 classes plus a lab is a lot.

This was my schedule last year 1st semester:

Math 151
Chem 107/117
Engr 111
Hist 105*
Art History

To me it felt like a lot of work since it was my first semester. I was busy almost every day doing homework because I really did not have any time management skills. So honestly I would recommend taking 5 classes at the max. 4 to be comfortable. Take classes in the summer to help keep up with graduating in 4 years. Yes, it is possible to take math and science classes in the same semester. Lots of work though. Take easy core classes along with it.

*Hist 105: I would not have to take this class even though I took Hist 105 and 106 last year. A&M changed the AP score requirement from a 4 to a 3 in May. Yeah, I wished I took something else so I could have more credits.

U.S history(3),
Nutrition(3),
intro to health(1),
Extra class (0)
Biology (4)
Calculus 1 (4)

right? I personally think that that is manageable. Because if your a Ag or Vet major, it will only get much harder with more science classes. So you might as well get used to it now. (Especially if your scholarship depends on you completing 15 hrs a semester).

But if you really think you can’t handle it, Take any random elective that has space left and take it in place of Calculus. Then try to take it at your Local CC during a Winter term (preferably) or a summer term (if it doesn’t push your degree back.

Zoology, history and health have a LOT of reading. Unfortunately labs ALWAYS take a long time. You need EXCEPTIONAL time management skills to be able to manage the classes and your personal life (laundry, meals, activities). Ask a sophomore on the TEXAS A&M Facebook page, if your schedule will work.