Would Love to go to WISC!!! Any Chance?

<p>please chance me, i would love to know if its worth it for me to apply!</p>

<p>Gender: Male
Ethnicity: Caucasian/Hispanic
Residency: Washington State (geographical diversity?)</p>

<p>*Go to a very competitive public school in Washington- ranked 50th best public school in the nation.</p>

<p>*GPA- 3.52 (UW) 3.75 (W) *Excellent upward grade trend.
*ACT- 25</p>

<p>*Senior Schedule:
AP Senior English
Honors Health (ASPEN)
AP Psychology
AP Statistics
AP Environmental Science
Leadership
AP American Gov.</p>

<p>*Teacher & counselor recs- excellent, lots of thought put into both.
*Essays- very good.</p>

<p>*Extracurriculars-
-4 year varsity tennis letter winner (district qualifier)- 9-12th grade
^Most inspirational award, coaches award, most improved award
-Captain of my club tennis team
-Gold Medal at the Jewish Olympics in Austin, Texas
-Play in competitive tournaments locally
-Senior Class Historian- 12
-Class Senator- 9-12
-President and Founder of Sports Debate Club- 10-12
-Member of Key Club- 11-12
-Web Master of Invisible Children Club - 11-12
-Member of A.S.P.E.N.-12 (Had to try-out)
- Head Tennis Pro during the summer at a Private Club. (25 hrs a week)
-Community service award for completing a certain amount of volunteer hours
Volunteer work at a local tennis club, through Key Club, camp counselor, district wide volunteering events, and various other events. (200+ hours)</p>

<p>I'd say you have a pretty decent chance of getting in.</p>

<p>thanks, that is really really great that you say i have a chance at all!!</p>

<p>please more opinions.. i mean i would LOVE to apply if i have a shot!</p>

<p>i would actually put you in the defer/waitlist stack, your ACT is going to kill you. someone on here just posted that they were deferred OOS with a 28, and a 25 isn't even in the top 75% of their student body. IS you might be fine, but OOS is a reach. Really hope you can pull it off though, and GOOD LUCK!</p>

<p>do you guys think i would have a better shot at Wisc or Illinois?</p>

<p>thanks for your positivity vc08!</p>

<p>bump...</p>

<p>UW takes many more OOS so I'd say better shot at UW. Most OOS kids apply to UI for engineering which is very hard to get into. I think you have a fair shot at UW. They really want full pay OOS kids right now.</p>

<p>that is excellent to hear!!! Would it look advantagous to them at all that i will not be applying for financial aid nor do i need it and i am OOS at UW?</p>

<p>and i would not be applying to UIUC for engineering just LAS.</p>

<p>You better back your application up with a spectacular essay</p>

<p>k so i looked at the WISC app.... where is the essay???????? like i want there to be an essay... mine is really good and sends a great message i think..</p>

<p>do they have one? what page? ah where</p>

<p>please BUMP... i really want to know about this essay if there is one!?</p>

<p>at the end when you choose the campus you apply to (section 9 i think)</p>

<p>does WISC look highly upon a great essay and great teacher recs... because i would like to make up for my ACT with those...?</p>

<p>i just looked at section 9 where you choose what campus... NO ESSAY?? where could it be?? anyone know?</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>Like most big state universities, Wisconsin does not attach a lot of weight to the essay. Many people submit applications without one.
IMO, you do not have a good chance at admission with your stats.</p>

<p>i would just like to know that if besides the activities essay (100 wrds) if there is another essay on the application like people are saying bc i cant find one??</p>

<p>Holy hell, I told you it was in section 9, which it is (for Madison at least, not sure about the others but I'm assuming that you are applying to Madison since this is a Madison forum). If you honestly can't find, do the whole application first and you'll eventually stumble across it. And please stop typing questions with 2 question marks it's really annoying</p>

<p>Hey Huskies...you have a fighting chance...Essay question is the "what can you bring to Wisconsin" charge...not to be confused with the very common "why this school" Why your major" essay prompts. It's pretty specific and not that much fun (I love writing essays but this was my least favorite of the several application essays I wrote)</p>

<p>ok i found them thanks. Question:</p>

<p>if i chose to apply to the business school rather than LAS, would my chances decrease (in other words would have a better chance applying to LAS?)</p>

<p>and i am sort of interested in another OOS public school... University of Illinois. Do you guys think i stand a better chance at UW or UI? thanks a lot</p>

<p>You DO NOT apply to business until after a full year or two at UW. You are just pre-business which means nothing.</p>

<p>thanks for the answer... how about the 2nd question in post #18, anyone?</p>