WOW Activities Schedule

<p>WOW! This looks like tons of fun!</p>

<p>Check out the activities scheduled for the Week of Welcome (WOW).</p>

<p>[Student</a> Affairs | Week of Welcome](<a href=“Weeks of Welcome - University Programs”>Weeks of Welcome - University Programs)</p>

<p><a href=“Weeks of Welcome - University Programs”>Weeks of Welcome - University Programs</a></p>

<p>What’s that? Could that be M2CK driving that bus load of students to Huntsville???</p>

<p>On the Town (Week of Welcome | August 26, 2012) More…</p>

<p>Time: 10:00 am - 08:00 pm
Date: August 26, 2012
Information: Ever dreamed of going into space? Well the next best thing to space travel is waiting for you at the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center! This free visit includes a guided tour of the museum, an IMAX film, and even the opportunity to sit in the original astronauts’ testing equipment! Reserve your free ticket online at [Ticket</a> Sales](<a href=“http://www.uaferguson.tix.com%5DTicket”>http://www.uaferguson.tix.com).</p>

<p>I think M2CK is providing dinner, too!</p>

<p>Wow…lots of stuff…</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>OOS students take note of the OOS party.</p>

<p>sounds like fun!</p>

<p>Most important event (in the opinion of a lot of kids) is Target Night on August 20. Lots and lots of freebies. Three years ago, my son and his roommates got enough dish soap to last most of the school year.</p>

<p>lol…</p>

<p>Yes, I saw that HSV Space Center deal. To those who don’t know where Huntsville is in relation to T-town, it could be confusing. I wonder if the school is arranging any kind of transportation??? Or if the Space Center is??</p>

<p>Note that Get On Board Day is in the evening this year, which should be easier on the student organizations, but I don’t know how it will pan out with freshmen. Also, they haven’t announced the line up for Greekfest yet, have they?</p>

<p>Bumping for new people who may need/want this info about Week of Welcome (WOW).</p>

<p>This takes place during the 5 days before school starts and for a few days after school starts)</p>

<p>How exactly, do we sign up for the events listed on the WOW schedule?! Son tried to sign up, but the uaferguson.tix.com link/webpage says “there is nothing to sign up for/reserve at this time.”
Are things full…or was there a deadline…or is it too early…or ???</p>

<p>I think I read that students can get their tickets starting on August 1.</p>

<p>Many of the events are just “show up”. If tickets are needed, then it’s probably too early at this point. </p>

<p>You can always call the WOW organizers and ask.</p>

<p>Contact Us
Phone: 205-348-3250
Email: <a href=“mailto:wow@sa.ua.edu”>wow@sa.ua.edu</a>
Office Address: 356 Ferguson Center on the University of Alabama campus</p>